Remembrance of Prom's Past

Prom

Prom.  We somehow all have memorable prom experiences.  For many people it's a right of passage.  A coming of age.  We love to go shopping with friends and find the perfect prom dress and go with a hot date.  To get our hair, makeup and nails done for the night and have the date put on a corsage on our wrists.  Go out to dinner with the group and dance the night away without a care in the world.  Too bad real life wasn't like that.

-

"Denny got a heart?" Alison asked with a smile on her face as Bailey told her the good news.

"Yes, but -"

"And he's okay?"

"Yes -"

"So what's there to be worried about?  Burke's surgery went great and Denny is alive.  All is well."

"Come in here with me, now," Bailey grabbed her wrist and brought her into one of the closet rooms.

"Woah, Bailey, what the hell is going on?"

"Just shut up and listen okay blondie?  What I am about to tell is completely confidential.  You cannot tell anyone what I am about to tell you including Derek.  This does not leave this room.  Got that?"

"Yes," Alison gulped.

Alison would never admit it but sometimes Bailey scared the shit out of her.  When she first started working with Bailey - she thought it was good.  It turned her into the determined young doctor she is today.  To never take no for an answer and to always stand up for what she believed in.  But now?  She wasn't sure if what Bailey was about to tell her was good or bad. . .

"Good," Bailey took a deep breath then let it out.  Denny did not get the heart out of sheer luck from being on the list."

Alison's eyebrows furrowed as she listened to the doctor explain to her what happened.  She stayed silent.  Let Miranda tell her everything so that she received all the facts.  Miranda had to tell someone though.  Otherwise this secret was eating her alive.  She didn't know how she could live with herself if she didn't tell someone.

"Holy shit," Alison exclaimed.  "Shit, shit, shit.  Poor Denny."

"Poor Denny?" Bailey exclaimed as she slapped the girls arm annoyed that it seemed like she didn't fully understand it.  "Poor Denny?  That's all you have to say about that?"

"Yes, Bailey, poor Denny.  I'm saying that because he was practically live bait against his will.  From what it seems like Izzie practically held him and the other interns hostage.  He had no choice in the matter especially when the interns felt as though they couldn't go to any of us doctors.  That Izzie felt like that was the last resort.  And you know what - I hope that Izzie does in fact get kicked out of the program because what she did was wrong.  She put a patient's life at risk just so that he could get a new heart.  I mean I'm glad that he got a new heart and all but not when it was done in a wrong way."