Rituals & Realities

Saturday 

Today was their baby shower which they were both really excited about.  The nursery was all done and while it was done a lot sooner than most couples they knew, they blamed it on their jobs.  Their profession was always unpredictable when they would need to be called in.  Which was why they decided to get it done sooner rather than later and be unprepared.  

Alison was dressed in a baby blue body con dress that really emphasized her bump in the cutest way possible.  Instead of wearing heels (because her feet were too swollen for that now), she paired it with her Tory Burch sandals.  Her mom had even bought herself a pair and wore them for that day as well as she was wearing a light yellow dress.  Mark had arranged for Alison to have a makeup artist come to their apartment to do their makeup for their bridal shower.  It was going to be a joint one as Mark wanted to be apart of it and how could Alison say no to him?

They had already picked out their baby boy's name a few days ago but didn't want to share it with anyone in case when he came out they wanted to change it.  After their baby shower today, they were going to pack hospital bags for Alison and Mark and their baby.  Since they were going on their baby moon when she will be thirty-one weeks pregnant, they didn't want to chance being unprepared.  

Mark and Alison had talked about possibly doing a gender reveal party but pretty much everyone they knew already knew it was a boy anyway and they didn't like how popular and trendy those parties had become.  

Alison's whole family had flown in for the party as this was Alison's first child.  Of course they had to be here for the big event!  Mark didn't mind either since his family wasn't here.  He couldn't remember the last time he spoke to his parents.  Let alone have them at a party.  Besides, he had grown close to her family and they loved him.  

After the makeup artist was done with Alison's makeup, she put on her flower crown and adjusted her hair a little bit.

"Thank you so much again for doing my makeup for the day," Alison thanked Kim who was her makeup artist for the day.

"No problem," Kim waved a hand with a smile on her face.  "I'm just so excited for you guys."

"Your staying for the party, right?" Alison asked her.

"Duh," Kim joked which made Alison laugh.

They would be having their bridal shower outside where a park was near their apartment, which was perfect for the party.  Alison and Kim made their way out of the room and Mark's jaw dropped which caused her to giggle at his reaction.

"Hey gorgeous," he walked towards her and put his hands on her hips as he leaned down to kiss her.

"Hi," she smiled up at him.  

"You look gorgeous, sweetheart," Mark told her honestly.

"Thank you," she felt her ears start to blush as she could feel the heat and leaned up on her tip toes to kiss him more.

It wasn't until they heard a gagging noise that caused them to stop what they were doing and turn to the culprit that was Adam.  Alison rolled her eyes at his childish antics and threw a pillow at him which was amusing to Mark.

"Give it a rest already, you already got her pregnant," Adam groaned as he caught the pillow with ease.

"Shut it Adam," Alison stuck her tongue out at her brother.

"Okay you two, knock it off," Gabriel, their dad, chimed in to stop the bickering.  "You'd think that the bickering would stop after they are done being teenagers, Mark.  But it never does," he shakes his head.