Just a Dream

Sometimes there are moments in our life that are foggy

Sometimes there are moments in our life that are foggy.  Hazy even.  We wonder if it was all real in the first place.  People come in and out of lives so fast that it helps us to appreciate them more.  It helps us realize that the little moments are just as important as the big.  But then we are brought back to reality and wonder if it was all just a dream.

-

Alison was given the okay to do small things that didn't require standing on her leg for a long period of time but unfortunately she couldn't do surgery yet.  Alison was now in the beginning of her two year fellowship program and she was so thankful she passed her exam and boards.  Since she was making a lot of progress in her therapy, her therapist Matthew thought she could be released to go back to work in three months.  It was a huge relief to her.  

Right now they were working on balance training with the bosu ball.  When she first started therapy they mainly focused on controlling her pain and swelling with ice and electrical stimulation treatments.  He also did some massage techniques to help with that as well which came as a relief to the blonde.  

"Hey, Matthew," Mark greeted the therapist and kissed Alison on her temple.  "How's our girl doing?"

"Hey Mark," the young therapist greeted the plastic surgeon with a smile.  "She's doing really great.  Making a lot of progress.  Only has one more month to go until she can start putting weight on her left leg.  Want to show him some of the exercises we did today, Alison?"

She nods her head with a smile.

*

"Hey, how did therapy go today?" Derek asked his person as she was at the nurses counter talking to one of them.

"It went really good," she said with a big smile.  "Matthew said if things continue going as well as they are that I can go back to work in three months."

"That's amazing, Ali.  I know how much that would mean to you."

It wasn't until a few moments later that he saw Meredith talking on the phone and he excused himself to go talk to her as Alison watched the whole interaction with an amused smile.

"I have a patient with a severed arm and no one seems to be able to find it," Meredith explained to the both of them.  "Have either of you seen it?"

"Your severed arm?" Derek asked.  "No, I haven't and Alison wouldn't have either because she's been in therapy for the past hour.  Meredith-"

"Hey," a brunette came up to the three of them and talked to Meredith.  "I'm so sorry about before.  I was just so nervous about meeting you.  I was just so nervous and I learned my lesson."

"Your the girl from the bar," Derek said to the younger woman and Alison brought a hand to her mouth to stop herself from laughing out loud.

"Sorry?"