Addison's Back

Sometimes people come back into our lives for a reason

Sometimes people come back into our lives for a reason.  Maybe it's to appreciate them more or maybe it's to help us realize how far we've come since they left.  Who really knows.  But one thing that I do know is that it always feels pretty damn good to catch up with them.  As doctors and surgeons, we sometimes forget about the people we meet along the way.  Those who helped us.  Those who mentored us.  We never truly appreciate how good we have something until its gone.

-

"I can't believe Addison is coming back today," Alison told her boyfriend with a big smile on her face as they were driving into work.

"I bet you're even more excited after what happened with Doctor Kenley, yeah?"

'Yeah," she nodded her head with a sigh as he gave her thigh a reassuring squeeze.

"Do you want to drive through Starbucks?" He asked her already knowing the answer.

"Yes, please," she gave him a smile.  "I want to get Addison some coffee too.  You know how she is about it bringing good juju and all."

They pulled up to the drive-thru window after there were a few people in front of them and got their coffee's.  Alison got two caramel brûlée latte and Mark ordered a cappuccino for himself.  

*

"I can't believe you're back," Alison exclaimed as she hugged Addison and she handed Addison the coffee she got for her.  "For good juju."

"Thank you," Addison raised her cup to Alison and took a sip.  "Is this the caramel brûlée one?" Alison nods her head with a smile.  "Not bad and I'm not back.  I'm just here to perform a surgery," Addison corrected her.  "But I miss you too.  Where's Clair?"

"Clair is at lunch with George," Alison told her.  "I know it's just wishful thinking."

"So fill me in," Addison asks Alison.  "How is everyone?  How is it working with Doctor Kenley?"

"It's the worst working with Doctor Kenley," Alison groaned.  "He only just recently started having me come back to doing surgeries after not letting me for a whole week."

"A whole week?" Addison's eyes widened.  "What the hell was he thinking?"

"He wanted me to do book work on the latest advancements in peds," she told her.  "And he took my pager away from me."

"What?" Addison shook her head.  "What the hell was he thinking taking away your pager?"

"Thought it was a distraction," she rolled her eyes.  "Mark told Richard though and everything is better.  I'm back to doing surgeries."

"Good," Addison agrees.  "It better.  So what else is new?"

"Oh," Alison exclaims making Addison jump slightly.  "Derek and Meredith aren't dating anymore."