Explanations

[season 5 episode 13 and part of 12]

"Sometimes all the explanations in the world can still mean nothing."

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!  Do you have a tradition you do normally on Christmas Eve?  Favorite Christmas movie?  Mine is Miracle on 34th Street, The Holiday, Home Alone, ELF.

We went to Enchant Christmas on Christmas night!  It was so beautiful!  Has anyone been?  Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!!!

Warnings: mention of suicide, death, inmates, cute moments with Malison and fights between best friends.  Oh also penile fractures 

Surgeons are usually hardest on themselves.  

Especially when it's in regards to patients that mean a lot to them.  Of course every patient means something to surgeons.  Otherwise, if they didn't they would be robotic with no emotions.  

Alison hit her locker with her fist as she let out a frustrated scream and began to cry.  She didn't feel responsible for Jackson because she wasn't always helping him but that didn't mean it hurt any less.  Why didn't she try to overstep and have the surgeons do more?  Why did it take having Arizona here for them to find this?

He was just a little boy.

3 hours earlier. . .

"Now all that's left is to release the clamp," Arizona tells the group of surgeons in the OR.  "You should do the honors, Miranda," she tells the resident who had grown so close to Jackson.  "He's your patient."

"Thank you, Doctor Robbins," Miranda tells her and as she continues to work Sadie leans forward as she sees something they hadn't before and she slowly raises her hand.

"Call on me," she whispers.  "Call on me."

But they continue doing their work without even giving the intern so much as a glance.

"Call on me," she raises her voice and Miranda looks up at her confused.  "There's a spot in the duodenum."

"What the hell is that?" Miranda speaks up as she sees what Sadie is talking about.

*

"Meredith sign the form," Derek loses his patience with his girlfriend as she just stands there looking at their patient as he's crashing.  "MEREDITH SIGN THE FORM!"

Cristina grabs the forms from Meredith and quickly signs them.

"Yang is scrubbing in," Derek announces and leaves.

*

"This is clotting," Miranda exclaims.  "Is there a source?  This can't be happening.  Not to this little boy and not without Alison here to help."