He Seems Different

Changes in life are bound to happen

Changes in life are bound to happen.  Whether it be people, jobs, everything changes.  Just like the butterfly changes from a caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly overtime, we have the ability to change too.  Whether it be for better or worse.  Circumstances can change who we are as people.  It's inevitable.  People sometimes say they hate change but I've learned to welcome it with open arms whether its good or bad.

-

"Hey, how was visiting your parents?" Addison asked Ali as she saw her the next day.

She had heard that she took some time off to visit her parents back in South Dakota and wondered how they were doing.  For a second Alison was caught off guard but didn't let it show to Addison.  

"It was good," she lied.  "They're doing good."

"Good," Addison smiled at her resident.

"I wanted to apologize," Alison started off catching the attention of Addison.  "I realize now I judged your situation with Derek and Mark too quickly and took Derek's side almost immediately."

"It's okay-" Addison started to say but was cut off.

"No, it's not," Alison said.  "I was just thinking about what Derek was going through at the time.  But he failed to mention to me all the wrong that he did in your marriage.  I realize now that was my mistake and I judged you based on pre-conceived ideas.  I know it's not much, but I wanted to apologize for that and I hope we can start over," Alison told Addison and Addison smiled at the blonde.

"There's nothing to forgive because I already forgave you the minute it happened.  Besides, I was a pretty shitty wife towards the end of our marriage," she said shrugging her shoulders.

"Well, he was also a pretty shitty husband towards the end too," Alison said and the two women laughed as Addison laughed so hard she covered her face with her hands.

-

In life, we are taught that there are two sides to every story.  To never judge a book by its cover.  But we are never really taught how true those words are until we actually know someone whose going through something.  

-

"Hey, are you okay, Yang?" Cristina heard the voice of Doctor Alison Anderson and was shocked that she was speaking to her outside of helping them learn.

Alison, like George, had been noticing weird behaviors from Cristina lately and hoped that she was doing okay.  Because although it was her boyfriend who was shot, she also knew when her dad was shot in battle, that their family had to deal with it as well.  If there's anything that her father being in the military taught her it's that its not just that your spouse or partner who goes through it.  You all do.  While it might not be the same thing, you all deal with the different emotions, the hurt, the unknown if your loved one is okay, together.