Playing Victim

We all go through life as either playing the victim, being the enabler or justifying why you do half the things you do in your life.  It's like it's become apart of us as we grow older and somehow we always fall into one of the three categories.  Sometimes all three if you are just that bitch.  It doesn't matter where we go in life, who we are or surround ourselves with - one of those three just always slip out in different situations.

-

Alison was walking into work with Derek that day as she was drinking her favorite iced caramel macchiato from Starbucks as they were chatting about the day previously.

"Hi, little one," Derek greets his best friend and coworker.

"Hi McDreamy," she greets him with a smile to which he laughs and throws his head back.

"McDreamy, really?  Are we still on that nickname?"

"If the shoe fits," she teases back.

"So I heard about the problem that happened with that one patient," he tells her as she groans throwing her head back slightly due to the worst memory she wanted to forget.  She wanted it out of her mind and thrown away with a lock and key to never resurface again if possible.

"Don't remind me.  Your wife probably hates my guts and now our hospital is being sued by her husband Chris."

"My wife does not hate you."

Alison gave him a look to which he let out a laugh.

"She doesn't.  I promise, I wouldn't lie to you."

Alison grumbled and sipped her coffee as they bumped into the interns as Cristina was doing what looked like a happy dance.  Derek let out a low grumble of annoyance having to see Meredith again and Alison slightly chuckled.  Alison would either drink the iced caramel macchiato or if she needed to really be awake it would be the Starbucks Doubleshot on Ice coffee.  

"Sorry sir, ma'am," Cristina apologized to the two of them.

"Morning, Doctor Anderson," George greeted the blonde doctor with a smile and shy wave making Cristina snort.

"Morning O'Malley," Alison greeted him back with a smile.  "And the rest of the interns.  Karev," she pointed him out and left leaving Derek alone with them.

Alison got changed out of her clothes and into her scrubs along with her white lab coat.  She pulled her blonde hair into a pony tail finding it easier for the day as it was not agreeing with her this morning after her night out the night before.  

"What's up with you?" Alison noticed a change in Shepherd's tone after he had talked to the interns, specifically Meredith.  

"I can't talk right now, I have to go help the patients," he mentioned the ambulance that had just pulled up.

Alison waved an awkward goodbye since he left before she could wave to him.  She went off to her normal area where she always went every morning.

"I don't hate you and I'm not upset with you," Addison comes up to the younger doctor.  "If anything, I hate myself for even listening to that patient.  And for thinking it was okay and that it wasn't going to come around and bite me in the ass later.  I'm sorry if I took it out on you, that was wrong of me and I apologize."

"Aw," Alison brings a hand to her heart.  "I'm touched," she teases the older doctor making the brunette shove her playfully.

"Shut up and get back to work."

"No but truly.  I appreciate it.  Thank you."

"Yeah, well, at least you don't have it on your record now like a black plague.  You were right and I was wrong," she mumbles the last part hating to admit it but Alison was never one to gloat in one's misery.