Soldier Boy

Bella Swan said she always hated the cold

Bella Swan said she always hated the cold.  Any wet thing.  Then she went and married a vampire who was dead and cold.  Every time the first snow hits for some reason I always think of the Cullen family and Twilight and I haven't even watched that show in years.  The reason why I hate the snow?  I'm like Bella Swan and incredibly clumsy when it comes to the ice.  I fall at least once every winter and not to mention all of the surgeries that happen during the winter due to the ice.  Especially black ice and nighttime.

-

"There's a fucking winter wonderland outside," Alison exclaimed as she opened up the blinds in her apartment.

"In October?" Mark asked shocked.

"I think you're forgetting that you live in Seattle now," she let out an unattractive snort.  

"Am not," he whined.  "I just hate the cold."

"You and me both.  We got to get to work though, otherwise we're gonna be late," she told her fiance as she got up from the chair and held her bump.

Mark made sure Alison was extra bundled up.  So much to the point where she felt ridiculous.  She looked at herself in her floor length mirror and started taking off her triple jackets she had on as her eyebrows scrunched together.

"I look like a stupid snow man," she muttered to herself.  "I am a surgeon.  Not a stupid snow man."

"Hey, hey, hey," Mark called out to her as he noticed what she was doing and she let out a huff as she whined a little.  "What are you doing?  You're going to get the baby cold."

"Mark," she ran her fingers through her hair.  "The baby is not going to be cold because the baby is still in my stomach," she lashed out on him, annoyed that he was going to the extreme.  It was cute at the beginning but now it was just ridiculous.  

"You're right," he shook his head and snapped out of it as he helped her out of her second layer coat.  "Let's go."

*

"Here's this for you," Clair said handing Alison a Gingerbread Latte coffee from Starbucks.  "For good juju."

"Aw thank you," Alison thanked her.  "Addison would be proud.  Let's take a selfie with our coffee's and send it to her," she told Clair and they did just that.  "Addison wants to know what coffee we got," she asked the nurse practitioner as she read Addison's text.

"Gingerbread Latte and an Eggnog Latte for me."

Alison let Addison know through a text message and more people were walking over to the computer for the results.  The two women missed Addison like crazy but they knew that she needed this change and they were happy for her.