A run in with the Barrow gang

TW: Mentions of blood

"Hands up!"

Katherine turned to Jack, her heart pounding in her chest as she saw who was at the door.

Clyde Barrow.

She hesitantly placed her hands up, her heart in her throat. "Jack." She whispered, calming ever so slightly when Jack grabbed her hand.

He squeezed it tightly, hoping for it to be reassuring. "It's ok." He whispered, looking at the door when a red head walked in, a gun in her hand.

Bonnie Parker.

"Now, sugars, just put the money in the bag. And nobody has to get hurt." Bonnie said, her voice dripping with sickly sweetness. She marched forward, the gun slung over her shoulder.

Jack moved towards Katherine, putting both of their hands down. He kissed her temple, "We'll be ok." He looked around the bank, seeing they were the only people in there bar the two bank tellers. "There's only four of us, nothing is gonna happen."

"Shut it!" Clyde shouted, turning the gun on the couple. He glared at them. He didn't want to hurt them, or anyone in this bank, but if someone called the police- well, he would have to.

Katherine's eyes filled with tears as one of the bank tellers disappeared, probably to call the police. She knew that was a bad idea. She tightened her hold on Jack's hand as Bonnie began stuffing money into the bag.

"I've called the police!" The bank teller said, walking back into the room. "They'll be here soon."

Bonnie sighed, looking over at Clyde. "Such a shame."

Clyde smirked, pulling the gun, rounding it on the bank tellers.

Jack squeezed Katherine's hand, "Wes have ta go now." He whispered, slowly wrapping an arm around her waist.

"But."

"Ace, please, come on." Jack said, starting to pull her out of the bank.

"Bad idea." Clyde said, rounding on them.

Everything happened in seconds. A gun shot. Katherine screamed. Two more shots. And then Bonnie and Clyde were gone.

Jack turned to Katherine as she let out a strangled sob, her hand flying to her stomach. "Oh God Ace." He exclaimed, helping her drop down.

Katherine stared up at him, her eyes glossy with tears. "Jack." She whispered weakly, her voice breaking as blood began to pool on her stomach. "It hurts."

Jack shrugged off his waistcoat, pressing it against her stomach. "Youse is gonna be ok." He whispered, letting her grip his hand as tightly as she could. He pressed his lips against her temple, debating whether he should pick her up and carry her to the hospital or wait for the police.

Katherine moved her hands to rest on top of his, her eyes shutting momentarily. "I think I need to go to the hospital." She said between pained gasps, her heart hammering in her chest.

Jack let out a shaky sigh, tears beginning to drip down his face. "Ok, ok. I'll have ta pick youse up." He whispered, scooping her into his arms, ignoring her hiss of pain.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He whispered again, trying to keep the both of them calm.

"I'm ok." She groaned out, pressing the now blood soaked cloth harder against the bullet hole. She wrapped one arm around his waist when he stood up. Tears streamed down her face as the pain became unbearable.