Our mess

Jack jerked awake when he heard Katherine groaning next to him. "Ace? Hey what's wrong?" He asked, sitting up and placing a hand on her nine month pregnant stomach.

Katherine gritted her teeth and turned to face him. "The baby's coming." She said with a harsh growl, sitting up and glaring at him.

"How long?" He asked gently, rubbing her stomach.

"Well they're getting closer together." She said, taking his hand and squeezing it harshly every time she felt a contraction.

"Ace, why didn't youse wake me up?" Jack asked, helping her stand up and looking at her. "Should wes go ta the hospital?" He asked, walking over and grabbing the bag they'd had packed just in case the baby decided to come.

Katherine nodded, squeezing his hand again."I think we should." She whispered, resting her head against his. "We're gonna have a baby."

Jack laughed, wrapping an arm around her waist and helping her towards the door. "Wes gonna have a baby." He said, leading her towards the street. He hailed a cab and helped her into it.

"Should we call the boys?" She asked as the cab started driving to the hospital.

"No, wes can call them after youse had the baby." He said, rubbing her stomach as she squeezed his hand again.

"It hurts." Katherine whispered, resting her forehead against his shoulder. She let out a strangled sigh as another contraction started.

"I know Ace. It'll be over soon." Jack said, rubbing his hands up and down her arms.

--------

Jack dropped his forehead down to rest against Katherine's as she let out a strangled sob. "Ya doin great Ace. They're nearly here" He said, as the doctor told her she needed to push again.

Katherine screamed, tears streaming down her face before flopping back down on the pillow. "I can't, I can't." She sobbed.

"Yes youse can." Jack said, "But now youse have to push." He said, pulling her up into a slightly more sitting position and squeezing her hand again.

"I hate you for this." She snarled, the pain in her eyes breaking his heart.

"Katherine you have to start pushing again." The doctor said from the other end of the bed.

Katherine shook her head, grabbing the back of Jack's neck and holding his forehead against hers. "You do it for me." She cried, closing her eyes. "I'm tired."

"I know Ace, I know. Just a little more. Just a little more." Jack said, squeezing her hand and kissing her cheek gently. "Push."

Katherine screamed and squeezed his hand, flopping back on the bed when she heard a babies cry. "Is she here?" She asked, trying to look around for her daughter.

Jack nodded, kissing her forehead. "Yeah Ace, youse did it." He whispered, squeezing her hand again.

"Where is she?" Katherine panted, frantically looking around the room. She needed her daughter.

"They're cleaning her off Ace." He said, watching as the nurse brought their daughter over. He helped the nurse place her into Katherine's tired arms and he rested his arms under Katherine's.

Tears dripped down Katherine's face as she looked at her daughter. She'd made this. She'd grown this in her stomach for the last nine months. "Hi baby." She whispered, running her sweaty fingers gently over her daughter's tiny cheeks.

Jack smiled, perching on the edge of the bed and looked down at his two girls. He kissed Katherine's temple and pushed some of her sweat slicked hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.