Pulitzer? Plumber? Kelly?

Katherine sat up and looked down at Jack, who was sleeping peacefully next to her. She ran a hand over her face and slipped out of the bed, walking over to her typewriter.

She felt bad, ever since the strike ended she'd been lying to Jack. She'd never told him her last name, even after he came into her father's office. She'd managed to avoid being spotted by him and snuck out of the office. And thankfully, her father hadn't revealed that she was a Pulitzer.

Not that she was thankful for her father, she wasn't. He was the reason the newsies had to go on strike in the first place.

Katherine sighed and buried her head in her hands. Six months. It had been six months since the strike ended and she still hadn't told him she was Katherine Pulitzer.

"God." She mumbled, running a hand through her messy bed head. "You should've just told him the truth." She whispered to herself as she played with the keys on the typewriter.

She felt guilty about lying to him. He'd always been so honest with her, and here she was, lying to him about who she was. She knew she had to tell him, her conscience told her that much.

But she couldn't be there when she told him. She couldn't see the hurt on his face. She rubbed a hand over her face before turning back to her typewriter. She could write something. Tell Jack everything and leave it in her typewriter, go somewhere else, wait for him to find her.

Jack, you're probably asking yourself why I'm writing to you. And it's because I can't watch the hurt in your face when I read what I'm about to type. And I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I've been lying to you for six months, actually, for even longer.

Katherine froze when she heard Jack rustling around on the bed. She turned to face him and saw he'd just rolled over onto his stomach.

I've been lying to you about who I am. I've been telling you my name is Katherine Plumber. But it's not. I'm so sorry Jack. I should've told you. I should've told you when we met that my name was Katherine Pulitzer. Or at least I should've told you before we began dating.

But I need you to know that I never spied on you boys for my father. I never told him anything about the strike. I was loyal to you and the boys the entire time. My father always asked about the strike but I never told him anything. You and the boys are some of the only friends I've had and I never, ever betrayed your trust.

And I know I shouldn't be writing this to you. I know I should've manned up and told you the truth, to your face. And for that I'm sorry, I just couldn't see your hurt, or the anger. And I'm coward because I'm not even going to be here when you read this.

But please just know that I love you, and I always will. And if, after you've read this, and you still want to be with me, I'll be at Jacobi's. And if you don't then that's fine. I understand.

I love you Jack, please don't forget that.
Katherine Pulitzer.

Katherine looked from the typewriter over to Jack with testy eyes. Slowly, she stood up and walked over to her wardrobe, pulling out her clothes. She changed quickly before slipping on her brown leather boots and a warm purple jacket.

She wiped her eyes and tried to hold back a sob as she walked over to Jack and kissed his cheeks softly. "I love you. So, so much." She whispered before kissing his lips softly.

She straightened herself when he mumbled and smiled in his sleep. She knew she was a coward for running away, but she just didn't know what else to do.

She took a deep breath before grabbing her keys and walking out of her apartment, shutting the door quietly behind her. She shivered at the cold night air as she walked through the streets. She pushed open the door to Jacobi's and slipped inside.