Haunted House

I wrote this whilst watching Buzzfeed Unsolved- Supernatural so it might get creepy, but probably won't because I can't write horror to save my life.

Katherine looked towards Jack and Race. "I don't want to do this." She whispered, reaching out and grabbing Jack's hand.

"Nothins gonna hurt youse." Jack said, linking their fingers together and pulling her towards the abandoned asylum.

Race just laughed and pushed open the door to the asylum. "Too late ta turn back now." He said with a laugh as Katherine and Jack walked into the asylum, the door swinging shut with a thud behind him.

Katherine shuddered. "I don't know why I'm doing this." She mumbled, pulling her torch out and turning on the flashlight. "Especially in the dark."

"Ohh come on Ace! Live a little!" Jack exclaimed, his voice echoing through the hallways of the asylum. He pulled her through the hallways, Race following.

"Why are we in here?"

"Because it's fun!" Race exclaimed, taking off in a sprint down the hallway and disappearing out of sight.

They could hear him clanging and shouting as he opened doors and cupboards, the metal making an awful screeching noise.

"Oh God I don't like this." Katherine whispered, her heart pounding in her chest. She could feel her breathing quicken and she tightened her grip on Jack's hand.

"It'll be fine." Jack grinned, kissing her cheek softly. "Now come on, before Race angers the ghost and ghouls." He said, letting go of Katherine's hand and racing through the hallways.

"Jack!" Katherine shouted, her voice cracking. "Oh God, oh God." She said as her flashlight began to flicker. She whacked it against the side of her thigh, hoping the batteries weren't going to die.

"Jack!" She shouted, walking after him before being plunged into darkness when her flashlight batteries ran out. She ran through the hallways, trying to follow the path she believed Jack and Race had gone.

"Race?" She shouted, feeling her breathing quicken. She didn't know why she agreed to this, she didn't know why she agreed to go into this place full of nightmares.

She heard stories of the Refuge Asylum, bad things. Stories of how the rooms on the upper floors were used as torture chambers for the inmates. Stories of how, despite being called an Asylum, they didn't try to help in the inmates; instead torturing and abusing them. Stories of how it was supposedly haunted.

Now, Katherine Pulitzer did not believe in ghosts. Or demons. Or spirts. But that didn't mean she wasn't scared.

She turned sharply when she heard a door slam shut behind her. "Oh God." She mumbled, stepping back and tripping over a discarded doll, falling onto her back.

"Oww." She groaned, putting a hand on the small of her back and pulling herself into a standing position. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned the flashlight on, shining it up and down the corridors.

"Jack!" She shouted, "Get your ass back here!" She called as she wandered through the hallways, climbing up flights of stairs and trying to find him.

------

"Aye, where's Kathy?" Race asked and stood up from the bed, throwing the old doll down on the bed.

"She should be following me." Jack said, looking behind him. "She was following me last time I checked."

"Wes should probably find her. " Race said, walking out of the room.

They walked through the asylum first floor, calling Katherine's name and pushing open the doors to the rooms, hoping she was inside.