Can't sleep

Katherine sighed as Jack twisted and turned in the bed next to her. She turned to face him as he huffed out a sigh and buried his head in his hands. "Jack?"

"Can't sleep." He mumbled, pulling her tighter against his chest. He grumbled and buried his head in her hair.

"Ok, let's get up before we wake up the boys." She whispered, standing up and slipping into her robe. She helped him out of the bed and led him downstairs.

Jack laid down on the sofa and rested his hand across his eyes. He looked up as she sat down next to his feet, tucking her hands into her lap neatly.

"Oh so you can sleep down here?" She asked with a smirk, prodding his stomach gently. She laughed as he kicked her softly.

"I'm just resting my eyes." He mumbled. He opened one eye and watched as Katherine went to get her notepad. He moved his legs and placed them over hers as she sat back down.

Katherine rested her notepad against his knees and closed her eyes, trying to find some inspiration. She looked over at Jack, who was smiling softly at her. "You ok?"

"Why are youse always writin?" He asked, propping himself up on his elbows.

"I'm a reporter. Why are you always drawing?" She smirked, watching his face blush a deep shade of red.

"Because I enjoy drawin beautiful things."

"Care to give an example?" She asked, placing pen to paper and waiting for him to answer.

"Santa Fe, youse, the flowers in Central Park, youse." Jack said, tapping a finger to his chin as he tried to think of more things. "Youse in my newsboy hat, youse in the morning."

Katherine laughed quietly as she wrote down what he was saying. "So me?" She smiled softly. When she wasn't writing articles, her stories were mostly about Jack.

"Well, can youse blame me? I managed ta get the most beautiful girl in the world." Jack said, moving his legs off hers and sitting up properly.

Katherine blushed and hid her face behind her notepad. She ran a hand through her hair and laughed gently. "I'm hardly beautiful."

"Youse kiddin Ace?" He asked, taking her notepad from her and setting it on the coffee table. He took her arms, "Youse is the most beautiful girl."

Katherine blushed harder and smiled softly. "Really?"

"Really. Come on Ace." He said, pulling her up and twirling her around before hugging her from behind. "Have youse seen ya self?"

Katherine laughed and wrapped her arms around his. She leaned back against his chest as he began to sway them back and forth. She slowly closed her eyes, "You mean that?"

Jack laughed softly and twirled her around so she was facing him. "Of course I do Ace." He whispered, kissing her.

Katherine pulled back and smiled.

"Now tell me why youse always writin." He said, tickling her stomach and pulling her down onto the couch.

Katherine picked up her notepad and pencil again. "Because I enjoy writing about interesting people, like you and the boys."

"Oh so I'm just interesting?" He asked, prodding her thigh.

"Well I can't exactly write about how hot you are." Katherine said with a smile, leaning against his side.

Jack laughed and snatched her notepad from her. "I think youse should write about how hot I am." He said as he began to write. "Jack Kelly is the hottest man in existence."

"Aha, no!" Katherine exclaimed, stealing her notepad back and smiling at his words. "I think Jack Kelly is just extremely egotistical, and a flirt." She said with a large smile.

"Well flirting worked on youse."

"Oh shut up." Katherine said with a blush, hiding her face behind her notepad again.

"Youse didn't deny it Ace." Jack said, taking her hips and setting her on his lap. He took her notepad and set it down on the table.

"It didn't work on me." She said, trying to keep a straight face. Which was extremely hard when he kept rubbing his thumbs over her hips and was giving her a look that made her want to melt.

"Youse sure?" He asked, leaning forward and ghosting his lips over hers. "Because I think it worked quite well."

Katherine smiled and placed her hands on his shoulders. "I think it was the fact that I finally kissed you, that got us together." She said, kissing him gently.

Jack chuckled, "No no it was definitely my flirting." He said with a smile against her lips. He laid her down on the sofa and moved to hover on top of her.

"No, no. You are mistaken." She said, hooking one of her legs around his waist. "It was me kissing you."

"I forgot how that went. Would youse care ta remind me?"

"Oh so you do enjoy it when I kiss you first." She said, taking his cheeks in her hands and kissing him. She closed her eyes as Jack sat up, laying down the other way so she was laying atop him.

"No." He whispered, breaking the kiss and smiling softly. "I enjoy it when youse kiss me just in general." He laughed as Katherine whacked him with her notepad.

She sat up and pulled him up with her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him gently. "You're lucky I like kissing you."

"Youse say that as if it's such a privilege."

"Well I can't just go around kissing people now can I?"

"No, for two reasons. But the main one bein youse is taken. And I would find that hurtful." He said with a small laugh, but he was being serious.

Katherine's smile dropped, "You know I would never, ever, do that." She whispered, cupping his cheek and pressing gentle kisses along his face. She took his hands and laced their fingers together.

Jack smiled and rested his forehead against hers. "Just makin sure Ace. Youse know I love ya, and I don't want ya ta hurt me. Cos I would never hurt youse." He said with a small smile, squeezing her hands.

"I love you too Jack. I promise with everything I have that I will never hurt you." Katherine said, unlacing their fingers and linking her arms around his neck.

Jack smiled, leaning forward and kissing her. "Just makin sure Ace." He whispered against her lips. "Now, back ta kissing." He said, earning the most beautiful laugh from his girl.

--------

Jack looked down when he felt Katherine's breathing even out. He smiled when he saw her eye lashes fluttering slightly as she slipped into a deeper sleep. He took her notepad and placed it on the table.

"So I can't sleep, but youse can? Come on Ace." He whispered softly, stroking her face fondly. He picked her up gently and carried her up stairs, careful not to bash her feet on the doorways.

He placed her down in his bed and slid in next to her, slipping her robe off and setting it on the chair next to his bed. He kissed her temple gently and held her against him. "Night Ace. I love you."

"I love you too." She mumbled before falling back asleep.