Fangirls

Katherine Plumber was a nerd. And not just in the smart way. In the 'I'm in love with so many fictional characters' way.

And Jack Kelly knew this. And yet he still was not prepared for Thursday nights. Thursday night was Supernatural night. And Supernatural meant tears, and an upset Katherine.

But, truth be told, Jack didn't mind an upset Katherine when it came to TV shows. He enjoyed comforting her, holding her as she rambled on about Dean and Castiel. He knew he that he shouldn't enjoy it as much as he did. But he loved a clingy and huggy Katherine.

So now here he was, in the aisles of a Target, shoving crisp packets and chocolate bars into a basket. The finale came out tonight, and he knew it would emotionally break Katherine.

----

Katherine looked up as the door to her apartment swung open. She set her phone down and smiled at Jack as he walked into the room. She leaned into him as he climbed onto the sofa next to him. "Hi."

Jack titled her chin so he could look in her eyes. "Youse been on the Supernatural tag on tumblr, ain't ya?" He asked, wiping her eyes gently.

"Maybe." She said sheepishly, feeling her heart quicken as Jack took her phone and set it in the coffee table.

Jack laughed and pulled her into his lap, kissing her forehead. He smiled as she dug her head into his chest, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Youse wanna eat something?"

"I don't know." She mumbled, "Did you get any food?" She asked, looking up at him with wide eyes.

"It's for tonight." Jack said, kissing her hair before setting her back on the sofa. "I can make soup or something." He pulled her off the sofa and hugged her, rubbing her back gently.

Katherine just shrugged and dug her head deeper into his chest. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his chest.

"Youse want soup?" He asked, bending down to whisper in her ear. He led her towards their kitchen and helped her sit down, pressing a gentle kiss to her temple.

"Might as well." Katherine said, placing on of her feet on the chair and resting her arm against her knee.

----

Katherine looked up from her phone when Jack walked into the room, blankets and snacks in hand. "You seem prepared." She said, her voice shaking slightly.

"After that episode, I am now prepared." He said with a wink, climbing onto the couch next to her and wrapping a blanket around her.

Katherine sighed loudly and laid down on the couch, rubbing a hand over her face. "I don't want to watch this." She mumbled, looking over to face.

Jack laughed and leant against the arm of the sofa, letting her rest against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and made sure she was safe against his chest. "Youse ready ta watch?"

Katherine shook her head, kissing his chin gently. "No. But play it." She mumbled, her heart in her throat as the ads finished and the show started.

Jack hugged her tightly when he felt her breathing quicken as they gave a recap. He kissed her forehead and ran his fingers up and down her arm.

----

"I'm so proud of you, Sam."

Jack looked over at Katherine who'd buried her head in her hands. He reached over and placed a hand on her back. "Ace."

Katherine let out a straggled sobbed, collapsing back onto the couch. Tears streamed down her face and she groaned as Jack pulled her back into his lap.

"It's ok, it's ok." He mumbled, stroking her hair and hugging her tightly.

"He won't die, will he?" She mumbled, her heart breaking and hurting beyond belief.

"No, he won't Ace." Jack said, burying his head in her neck. He pressed gentle, reassuring kisses to her neck, rubbing her back.

Katherine nodded, still staring intently at the screen. She took his hand and fiddled with his fingers, continually moving them in the hopes of distracting herself from the pain of Dean dying.

"I need you to tell me, tell me it's okay."

Jack frowned as Katherine pulled away from him, sitting on the edge of the sofa. "Baby." He whispered, sitting up and wrapping his arms as around her.

Katherine squeezed her eyes shut, holding her breath as the camera flicked up to Sam's face.

"Dean, it's okay. You can go now."

"Please don't." Katherine whispered, opening her eyes just in time to see Sam and Dean rest their foreheads against each other's. She let out a shaky breath, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Goodbye Sam. Goodbye."

Katherine let out a straggle sob, collapsing on the sofa.

Jack immediately pulled her into his arms, cradling her against his chest. He rubbed her back and let her sob into his chest. "It's ok, it's ok." He whispered, turning her back to face the tv so she didn't miss anything.

Katherine barely managed to see through her tears, the entire room becoming blurry. "He died Jack." She sobbed out, turning to look at her boyfriend.

"I know Ace." He whispered, continually rubbing her back and keeping her tightly against him.

----

"Hey Sammy."

"Dean."

Katherine buried her head in her hands as the credits began to role, her shoulders shaking as she tried to catch her breath.

Jack sat up and picked Katherine up, setting her in his lap. He held her against him as she sobbed into his chest. "Ace. Hey breathe." He whispered, repeatedly pressing kisses to his temple.

Katherine let out a pained sobbed, her face squished against his chest. She felt him sway then back and forth and she hugged him tightly.

Jack reached over and took the blanket, wrapping it around her. He pressed kisses along her hair and rubbed her back. He pulled back and wiped her eyes, hating how hurt she looked.

"It's over. Youse don't have ta watch it anymore." He whispered in her ear, gently pressing light kisses along her skin. He tightened his arms around her and ran his hands through her hair.

"They killed them Jack. They promised they wouldn't." She whispered, trying to keep her voice understandable. She wrapped her arms around his torso and hugged him tightly.

Jack sighed and pressed kisses to her hair, "I know baby, I know." He set her down on the sofa before reaching over to grab her water. "Drink this Ace. And then we's going ta bed."

Katherine nodded, taking long sips from the water before setting it on the coffee table. "I hated that." She whispered, tears still streaming down her face.

Jack nodded, tracing his fingers across her cheek before picking her up. He carried her towards the bedroom and placed her on the bed. He climbed in next to her and pulled her against his chest.

Katherine let out a shaky sigh, burying her head in his neck, tears trailing down her faces. "Thank you." She whispered as he ran a hand up her back.

"Do youse want ta sleep?" Jack asked, looking down and seeing her breathing begin to even out ever so slightly. He kissed her temple and looked down at her, pressing a gentle kiss to her closed eyes.

Katherine moaned slightly before falling asleep, her tears starting to dry on her cheeks. She shuffled closer to him, flinging an arm over his waist and squishing her face against his neck.

Jack chuckled softly, reaching down to pull the blanket over them. He kissed her temple and hugged her tightly, "Goodnight Ace." He whispered, kissing her hair.

Katherine Plumber was a nerd. But lucky, Jack Kelly didn't mind.