When it rains, it pours

Katherine crossed her arms and turned away from Jack as best she could in her seat. She pulled her leather jacket tighter around her and sighed.

She didn't know why they were fighting but she knew it had been happening more and more oftentimes and over the smallest of things.

She sniffed and tried to discreetly wipe her eyes, she couldn't let Jack see her cry, just one more reason to pick on her. She looked at him from the corner of her eye and saw he was just staring out of the window.

"We're here." He said as he stopped the car, getting out and slamming the door behind him.

Katherine looked at him before burying her head in her hands and groaning. She unplugged her phone and slipped in her back pocket. She got out of the car and followed her boyfriend inside, keeping her distance.

"Katherine!" Davey shouted and waved her over to the corner he was sitting in with Crutchie.

She let out a breath of relief and walked over to them, side stepping Oscar Delancey, and plopping down next to them in a bean bag chair. "Hi." She said, trying to not sound too much like Ross from friends.

"Woah, youse ok?" Crutchie asked and handed her his drink.

"No." She said, taking a swig of it before handing it back to him. "Jack and I keep getting in fights." She groaned and buried her head in her hands.

Davey frowned and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Tell us about it."

-----

Jack glared as Katherine laughed with Darcy. "I don't know why wes keep fighting." He told Davey, who was watching them as well.

"Maybe the two of you aren't working out." Davey said and instantly regretted it as the words left his mouth. If Katherine ever found out he said that, she'd have his head.

"Maybe youse is right. Wes been dating for a year, and wes been having more fights than fun times." Jack said with a far off look on his face. "Maybe wes should break up.

"Ok I never said!" Davey exclaimed as Katherine walked away from Darcy and over to Crutchie, who was still sitting in the bean bag chair.

"I'll talk ta her later. I'm just gonna have fun tonight." Jack said, throwing his drink in the bin. "Thanks Davey!" He patted the boy on the back and walked over to a girl called Hannah.

"Oh god this won't end well." Davey groaned and rested his head against the counter top.

-----

Katherine looked around the party, "Where's Jack?" She elbowed Crutchie who was asleep with his head against her shoulder.

"I dunno." Crutchie said as he rubbed his eyes, looking less like a college student and more like a five year old. He looked around and saw him dancing with Hannah.

Katherine followed his gaze and her heart dropped. "Oh." She said, looking down at her lap and fiddled with her fingers. "I thought it was just a fight." She mumbled as her eyes filled with tears.

Race walked over to them, Romeo and Albert hanging off his shoulders. "Aye, Kathy, youse wanna dance?"

Katherine sniffled and wiped her eyes before nodding. "Might as well." She said and took the hand he extended her.

"Where's Jack?"

"Dancing with Hannah." Katherine pointed over to where Jack was twirling Hannah around and they were both laughing.

"What happened?" Race asked as they just stood there, not dancing.

"We had a fight. And haven't spoken all party and now he's over there dancing as if we've broken up and I, I don't know where we stand. And I know I could just go and ask him but he won't even look at me, let alone speak to me."