Rooftops and Fairylights

Katherine did not enjoy the cold. One bit. Which made Christmas in New York very hard. And it was made even harder when she was friends with the newsies.

Jack, on the other hand, loved the cold. A lot. He loved snowball fights, and standing on the rooftop as it snowed. He loved making snowmen with the boys on Christmas Eve.

And this made the Katherine and Jack's relationship very interesting to say the least.

"Ace, youse have ta get up." Jack said, shaking his girlfriend awake as the snow began to fall on the window outside.

"It's too cold." She whispered, grabbing the duvets and blankets and pulling them over her head.

"That's cos youse ain't wearing any pyjamas." Jack said, a smirk playing across his lips as he ran a finger over her back.

Katherine popped her duvet and glared at him. "And whose fault is that?" She hissed before curling back into the divers.

"Well youse didn't complain." Jack said, picking her up- blankets and all- and holding her in his arms as he walked towards their balcony.

"Jack."

"If youse don't say ya getting up, I'll drop you in the snow." He said with a laugh, hissing when the snow from their balcony soaked through the fabric of his socks.

"You wouldn't." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And I'm not wearing any clothes." She whispered into his ear, "We have neighbours."

"Then say youse'll get out of bed and do somethin today."

"Mhmm no. I wanna stay asleep." Katherine mumbled, shifting her position slightly so she was safer in his arms. She dug her head into his chest and moved closer to him.

Jack stood outside, holding her for a few more seconds before walking back inside.

"I told you you wouldn't." She said with a smirk, laughing as he dropped her down on the bed. She flipped onto her front and buried her head in the pillows, wrapping the blankets tighter around herself in the process.

"Jack?" She called when he didn't reply, letting out a scream when snow was dumped on her head. She kicked her legs out and turned to looked at Jack, who was standing with another snowball. "Asshole!"

Jack just smirked, cocking his arm and getting ready to throw another snowball. "Hmmm, say that again?" He asked, laughing as Katherine sat up.

She pouted and stuck her tongue out, crossing her arms and glaring at him. "Please, it's the holidays and it snowed." She pleaded, getting out of the bed and walking over to him.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and rose on her toes to kiss him. She smiled as he moved to wrap his arms around her, forgetting about the snowball.

Jack grinned against her lips, splaying a hand across her back, covering her in snow in the process.

Katherine pulled back, staring at him. "Jack Kelly." She glared at him, "For that, I get to choose what we do today." She said, beginning to shiver slightly as the snow in her hair began to melt and drip down across her shoulders and chest.

Jack frowned before nodding. He wrapped his arms around her again, leaning down to kiss her.

"Hmmm no." Katherine said, pulling back and grabbing his hand, leading him towards their bathroom.

--------

Katherine smiled as Jack opened the blanket for her. She curled up against his chest, clutching his jumper tightly.