Disneyland

Modern Day Disneyland AU- the newsies and Katherine go to Disneyland for her 21st birthday and jack proposes

"I told you this was a bad idea." Katherine whispered to Jack as Race and Les ran through the shops. She laughed slightly when Race ran headfirst into a doorframe, bouncing off it with a satisfying boing.

"The others are behaving." Jack said and pointed to Davey and Crutchie, who were trying on different Mickey Mouse ears. He ignored Albert and Finch who were smacking each other with the plastic lightsabers.

"Ahh yes, Davey and Crutchie the only other sensible people out of our group." She said sarcastically, grabbing Romeo by the collar and dragging him away from the woman he was flirting with.

"Aww, come on Kath, that's harsh." He said, wriggling out of her grasp and going to annoy Elmer and Specs.

"This is going to be a long week." She whispered, resting her head against Jack's shoulder as he ate cotton candy. She reached over and stole a bit, grinning as he turned to face her.

"Well, I did suggest it just be us. But your mother insisted that everyone else come too." Jack said.

"I know. My father didn't want us coming at all."

"That's because he don't trust me not to do something stupid with you." He said, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. He wrapped an arm around her waist and led her towards Davey and Crutchie. "Do you want ears?"

Katherine nodded and pulled a pair of glittery black, red and white Minnie Mouse ears of the shelf. "I think you should have these." She said and took a matching pair of Micky Mouse ears from the shelf.

"How come it's so easy for you to choose?" Crutchie pouted, four different pairs of ears in his hands.

"Because I have good taste." Katherine joked, pulling a pair of baby blue ears from the shelf and handing them to him. She studied Davey, who was wearing a pair of pink ears and laughed. "Try these instead." She said and handed him a pair of ears with a wizards hat in the middle.

"Yeah, these suit me." Davey said as he looked in the mirror. "Let's buy them and get the boys out of here before they break something." He said, taking the ears from his head and walking over to the cashier.

Les ran up to Katherine, almost knocking her over as he barrelled into her legs. "Can I get this?" He asked, waving a Mickey Mouse hoodie in her face.

"Yeah, give it here." She said, taking it from him and placing it on the counter along with their ears.

They paid and rounded up the rest of the boys, who hadn't managed to break anything, and made their way out of the shops and into the heart of the park.

"Where are we going now?" Race asked as Spot jumped onto his back.

"I dunno. It's Katherine's birthday trip." Specs said, readjusting his glass. He looked over at Katherine and saw her staring at the map.

"Why don't we just split up and meet somewhere for lunch?" Jack suggested.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." Spot said from where he was perched on Race's back. He wrapped his arms around Race's neck and looked to the boys. "Race and I were going to go on the Indiana Jones ride, who wants to come with us?"

Specs, Albert and Finch moved to stand next to Spot and Race. "We'll go with them."

"Ok, just go wherever you want but we'll meet outside the castle at one o'clock for lunch ok?" Davey said and the group nodded before splitting up and running across the park. "Les, stay with me, ok? Mom will never forgive me if you get lost." He said and grabbed his little brother's hood.