Painted bellies and flowers

Katherine smiled as Jack pressed kisses along her belly. She ran her fingers through his hair with one hand and ran her hand up and down his back.

"How long till she's here?" Jack asked, still pressing kisses to her belly. He rested his chin gently on her seven month pregnant belly and smiled up at her.

"Two months sweetheart." Katherine said, sitting up carefully and pulling Jack up with her. She rested her hand on her belly as Jack kissed her gently.

"Ya father still doesn't know?"

"No. He basically cut ties since we got married." Katherine said as Jack helped her out of their bed. She stared at herself in the mirror as Jack hugged her from behind, resting his hands on top of hers.

He rested his head on her shoulder and kissed her neck gently. "So, plans for today?" He asked, turning her gently in his arms and kissing her.

"My plans were to sleep. Your child enjoys draining my energy." Katherine said with a grin, rubbing their noses together gently.

"Oh but she's your child when she's done nothing wrong." Jack said with a small laugh, wrapping his arms gently around her.

Katherine blinked at him and smiled. "Well that, my love, is because you enjoy draining my energy as well." She said with a grin, kissing him lovingly.

Jack laughed and took her hand, pulling her into their living room. "I'm offended." He said as he helped her sit on their couch.

Katherine laughed and laid down, resting her head against the pillow.

Jack smiled and sat in the armchair opposite her, grabbing his sketchbook and beginning to sketch his seven month pregnant wife.

----

Jack looked up when he heard the sounds of snoring and soft mumbling coming from the couch. He set his sketchbook down and walked over to Katherine, bending down to kiss her gently.

"Hmmm? Jack." She mumbled as she woke up, wrapping an arm around his neck.

"Youse fell asleep." Jack said, helping her sit up and kissing her forehead.

"Your child really does drain my energy." Katherine said with a smirk, kissing him. She smiled when Jack pouted, sticking his bottom lip out in offence. "Hey, you know those paints I got you for your birthday?"

Jack pulled back and stared at her, nodding. "Course."

"You've never used them before and I was thinking you could like paint flowers on my stomach. Like a free maternity shoot?" Katherine asked with a slight blush rising on her cheeks.

Jack smiled at her before leaning forward and kissing her. He rested his hands on her stomach and kissed her again. "Sure." He pulled away and walked into the bedroom, grabbing the paints and a sheet.

----

Katherine laughed as Jack ran the paintbrush over her stomach, painting a small rose on the side of her belly. "It tickles." She whispered as Jack stopped painting so she could calm down from her laughing fit.

Jack grinned and sat back on his heels, watching Katherine. He leant forward and kissed her gently, running a paint stained hand through her.

"Ok you can finish." She whispered against his lips.

"Youse done laughing." He asked as he moved back down to her stomach.

Katherine raised her head off the pillow it was resting on and pouted. "It tickles." She said, resting her arm behind her head.

"I know." Jack said, kissing the unpainted part of her belly. He smiled before going back to painting her stomach.

Katherine shut her eyes, the feeling of the paintbrush lulling her into a soft sleep.

----

Katherine opened her eyes when Jack shook her awake. "Hmm I'm awake." She mumbled, rubbing her eyes as Jack helped her stand up.

"Course youse are." Jack said, kissing the side of her head and leading her towards the mirror. "What do youse think?" He asked, kissing the back of her head.

Katherine stared at her pregnant belly in the mirror. She smiled at the roses and tulips that covered her belly, with a large black Ace painted in the middle. "Wow." She said, trying her best not to run her fingers over the paint work.

"Like it?" Jack asked, pressing a kiss to the side of her head. He ran his hands up and down her sides, careful of the paint.

"Love it." Katherine said, turning to kiss him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, careful of the paint.

"Really?" Jack asked, pulling back and placing his hands on her waist. He kissed her again, pulling away when he heard a knock on the door.

"Kelly." Pulitzer said when the door swung open. "Where's my daughter?"

"What do youse want?" He asked, making sure not to open the door too wide.

"Where's my daughter?"

"Jack? Honey, who is it?" Katherine asked, coming over to stand next to him. Her eyes widened when she saw who was it the door. She turned her body so that her stomach couldn't be seen. "Father."

"Katherine."

Jack looked from father to daughter and took off his hoodie, handing it to Katherine. "What do youse want Joe? Wes was in the middle of painting."

Pulitzer stared at the both of them before he turned his head to look at Katherine. "You've gained weight." He said, pointed to where her face had rounded slightly.

"Well that's rude." Jack said, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Yeah, I've gained a lot of weight." Katherine said before walking away from the door as Pulitzer barged into their apartment.

"Kelly what have you been." He stopped mode sentence when he saw Katherine's pregnant belly. He stared as she tried to reach a glass.

Katherine turned when she felt her fathers eyes on her stomach. She looked over as Jack came to stand next to her, kissing the side of her head. "A lot has happened since you decided to cut ties a year ago."

"Katherine come here this instant." Pulitzer said, glaring at the two of them. He reached a hand out and waited for Katherine to walk over to him.

Katherine looked over to Jack and then to her father before bursting out laughing. "You? No." She said before walking away, a hand on her stomach.

"Katherine, I'm not letting you stay here." Her father said, walking over to Katherine and taking her arm.

Jack frowned and took Katherine's hand, gently pulling her away from her father. He wrapped an arm around her waist and led her towards their sofa. "Youse ain't lettin her do anything. She's independent."

Pulitzer stared at the two, "How could you not tell me?" He asked, trying to play the victim card.

Katherine scoffed, running a hand through her hair. "You asked us not to contact you. You said i was a disgrace to the family for marrying Jack. You said you wouldn't speak to us again. This is in no way our fault."

Jack reached over and took Katherine's hand, fiddling with the gold band on her fingers. "Now, if youse'll excuse us, wes was in the middle of something." He said, helping Katherine up and leading her to their bedroom.

"Katherine Pulitzer!" Her father called after her.

"It's Katherine Kelly. Now leave." She hissed before slamming the door to their bedroom, leaving her father in the middle of their apartment.

"All my paints are out there." Jack said with a low whine.

Katherine chuckled and bumped her shoulder with his. "Shut up." She said, leaning over to kiss him.

"Gladly."