Why Percy Jackson is so much better than Harry Potter

You guys should be used to my occasional rants... here's one more because I should be doing schoolwork for the end of this semester but who cares about that, right... but I swear I've got half of another chapter finished already!

Disclaimer: this is my opinion and you can have a different one, still, be polite or go punch a pillow if you wanna get that mad (at me XD)

Also I literally have a room/house full of HP books, merch, wands and art I've created, so... And that one chapter where Annabeth reads Harry Potter... While I may not love Rowling, I still don't hate the books/fandom as a whole, it's honestly full of great people too

But, let's dive into this...

I grew up on Harry Potter as about every other person here but Percy Jackson books are so much more superior! The saga of Harry Potter feels to me as this closed hypothetical community that rejects anyone and anything different? Idk, that's my personal feelings from it, plus there's no true representation at all. I always felt that not so great vibe afterwards if I really thought about it and it bothered me so much... I loved reading the books, I loved the movies, been to the London studio and had the most magical time there like 2 years ago but if I had a choice, I'd rather go to Camp Half Blood, or just visit Long island sound... The Lightning Thief musical any day. Or honestly just run around NY in my CHB shirt...

Rick's books are full of diversity and all those crazy lovable people anyone can relate to. Percy, Annabeth, Grover... They're the reason I am what I am. Literally anytime I was so down I couldn't even feel anything anymore those characters brought me back. Child/teen me got a pretty similar deal as Annabeth - while my mom and dad are the greatest people and I have the most amazing siblings it was the family around (grandparents that are supposed to love you so much among those) that completely broke any trust I had towards others that I literally only truly opened up and let in so little people in my life that I could count them on the fingers of one hand. Add ADHD and being a perfect smarty-pants outsider to the mix... It wasn't all that amazing but I just had to think of Annabeth's life and how she did all those great things and I was back home. Percy was about as much my "friend" as anyone could. I don't think demigodness will ever leave me, you guys probably know about that XD I've always related to Annabeth, so much that I can swear I became this personality of hers myself, I've already talked of how I feel about her though. And Grover? Oh gods even back then fighting for the planet :) There's just so much to love here. (Then again, all came from this one man that used to be a teacher, right..? Have I become a teacher myself with the peace in mind that maybe I'd help at least a few kids in life? Sure... Even though I do want to pursue further education to become something completely else still, just like him honestly.)

The fact about Harry Potter movies existing and being good and acceptable by the fandom standards and Percy Jackson movies being so bad Rick never even saw them? A lot of people is brought into the HP community just because of the movies... I found out about the Percy Jackson books through my sister's friend, read them all in a matter of days and have been going back ever since... I found one of my best friends because of those books and honestly did the best - bravest things just cause I thought "Yeah, they would do that too. Go ahead. Don't you dare back out." And maybe, just maybe I appreciate that it hasn't been as monetized as Harry Potter when I was growing up with it because it was a world of clarity and greatness all the same and that means so much more to me now.

How do you guys feel about that? Have you ever thought of comparing those two? I have been doing that for years because they're those two big things for me... And all the time I knew that Percy Jackson was just better...