9. Teen drama

Annabeth's POV

At first I thought that I was actually gonna kill him, Leo...
Such a swirl of emotions was too much these days, but when we cut the birdbrain and the girl down all I felt was just happiness.
No more worries.
We were somewhat complete again.
Although Piper did kill it when she punched Leo before hugging him, I laughed at that. We were warriors after all.
Suddenly everything was so lighthearted I could scream like a little aphrodite kid when presented with a makeup kit.
That specific aphrodite girl knew how to hit though, all of us godly children did, by now you either knew how to punch very well or you wouldn't punch anything ever again.
Yeah...
I joined the punch line too to go just a bit more lighter than I'd wish. But there'd be hundreds of reasons to wrestle him to the ground from now on.
The young beautiful goddess. There was that too. Mysterious in all our eyes until I remembered what Hazel had shown me one day at the Argo. (*I know Calypso is a nymph and not a godly being*)
This was Calypso.
Another innocent kid destroyed by the bunch of our immortal folks.
I felt like throwing myself before Percy to shield him from every single aspect of her. Her beauty, her power, her mildly frightened, shy smile.
But I hugged the girl pretty friendly never the less.
Or so I started.
"Don't you ever hurt him again," I whispered to Calypso. She looked at me kinda surprised, maybe a little sad. And I didn't mean to threaten her but the words rolled of my tongue, coming straight from my core. Protecting what I had, that was it.
By the curse she sent on us over a small fit of rage, I almost lost the one person I held to my heart so close it would burst to pieces if I couldn't see them everyday, feel their touch, smile until our muscles ached.
But I thought and thought on our way to the central part of camp and felt awful with every step I took, my head was buzzing. Those words I said were eating me up.
What more has Luke done? What more did Chris do that I couldn't forgive? How many people have I let down in a way or two?
So I ran over to Calypso. She jumped a little, shocked to see me again. Did she not have any powers?
I pulled her a little away from Valdez.
"Listen, Calypso, I'm kind of sorry for what I told you before, came on too strong I'd say. I'm talking around the problem... Right. I don't know what got over me, okay? And honestly? It's just that I lost him for so long already and then you cursed me pretty mean and... Imagine that situation. I'm sorry that I lashed out but past you was asking for that in bold red letters."
I panted.
I sounded kinda pathetic maybe, and I was slightly out of breath from actually carrying the bits of the dragon.
But Calypso just sighed.
"No, I am the one to say sorry. Loneliness or the curse, it still wasn't right of me to do that to someone my curse induced former love interest actually truly loves. But now I've got Leo and hopefully he will not forget about me now that he's back with you all. He's pretty all over the place. So I am sorry for everything. I just..."
She bit her lip. "Got upset."
"I understand. I do. I forgive you too, I never really thought about it much until now that, well, you're here. But. You're never getting rid of Leo, and that state of his, it's called ADHD darling and about 90% of us have it." I laughed after a second of thinking it through. "Tell me something about getting upset, once I almost killed the Stolls for a prank," I said to ease the conversation and she smiled.
"Who are those- Stoll's? I have never heard of them."
I scanned the crowd.
"You see the boy over there? The one with curly brown hair and a devilish smile? Blue eyes, oh and the bandage on his hand." I pointed at Connor.
Why bandage? They pulled a prank on Clarisse and it turned on them. Boys and fire... Clarisse and dares.
Calypso nodded.
"Well, that's Connor, son of Hermes, he has an older brother Travis and trust me, when they come closer, you should probably run. They're pranking everyone at all times, you know, making jokes on you. And they steal for the fun of it. But mostly you get your stuff back when they don't like it anymore. And they haven't performed anything deadly in a long time. Blessed week." I said casually.
"Well I have a feeling like this is going to be- ehm. Rad. As Leo says." Calypso grinned.
"Yes, well... So we can be friends?" She asked.
I stared at her, her kind looking smile and honest eyes.
"Sure, peace it is." I said as I dragged Calypso back to Piper, Jason and Leo.