5. Homecoming

Annabeth's POV

"Wake up you two lovebirds. Your alarm sounded like 20 minutes ago," Malcolm shouted.
I shot up on the bed to glance him in the door.
Coward knew I'd kill him for that wake up if he were closer. I stared at him completely dumbstruck, frowning. He laughed at my shock but left the cabin with the rest of our siblings.
I majorly sucked at cabin leading. And I was heavily surprised that Chiron still hadn't kicked me out of the spot.
I freed myself from Percy's legs that were somehow wrapped around mine and got up. I dragged the blanket with me. Percy frowned, sitting up on my bed, growling and making more inhumanly sounds. His hair was messy like always but he looked so handsome anyway. He stared at me for a while, rubbing his eyes.
"What am I doing here?" He muttered. "Oh, nevermind now." He said right away as I shot him an apologetic look.
But then Percy started chuckling like crazy. I stared at him, still too tired to human. Soon enough the chuckles turned to a full laughter.
"What's wrong with you Seaweed brain?" I said as I leaned on the headboard.
"With me? Physically not much, can't say that about my mental stability. But you, you should really wipe your face!"
He got up, still laughing, and I ran into bathroom.
"Did you- Did you drool on me? You're so dead."
I ran out of the bathroom with a cup full of water and spilled it on him so fast he didn't even stop it. I could bet he didn't mind but his shirt was still completely drenched. He just grinned and hugged me.
"You're disgusting," I whispered to his ear and went over to my drawer. All while Percy just stood in the middle of the room, doing nothing. He yawned and ran a hand through his hair as he sat on my sister's bed.
"What time is it?" He asked.
I took out my denim shorts, a black and white striped shirt and a sports bra, and bent under my bed for my shoes while Percy sank onto Tessa's bed and started snoring.
I tip-toed to him and kissed him.
"Like 9, I think. Get up and go get dressed or I'm gonna go to breakfast without you, you lazy ass."
"Nah," he muttered, eyes still closed. "I'm gonna go like this."
I sighed, amused, and went to the bathroom with my clothes. When I came out with a toothbrush in my mouth I found Percy talking to someone through an Iris message.
I sat next to him, still brushing my teeth, and saw his mother.
She grinned at me. "Oh hello Annabeth, dear."
I tried to say hi to her too but then I realized that I still had a toothbrush in my hand and a mouth full of toothpaste. I smiled instead and ran back quickly. I smirked at the sight of my messy curls. And did he say something about proposing to me, marriage and kids last night?
I laughed when I imagined Percy holding a baby, our baby... He'd look really sweet but- never mind, I wouldn't plan to have kids anytime soon. That would be too hard.
When I finally came out Percy was nowhere to be seen, I headed towards his cabin. The fresh morning air felt like heaven on my skin.
I opened the doors to his cabin and stopped in my tracks. He was just taking his shirt off.  I kept my eyes on him, laughing at myself.
"Hey, just a sec." Percy looked back to me from the mess of clothes he was pulling out of his drawers.
"No pressure." I laughed out.
Percy was just awesome in all matters. And as someone who always loved to read all those cheesy YA fantasy/sci-fi books to catch a break...
Now that we were alone, I remembered Malcolm's expression when I asked him to keep quiet about me staying here and smiled a bit. Maybe he was right.
"I'd say that you're still staring at me Wise girl," Percy chuckled as he noticed my dreamy expression.
I turned around so he wouldn't see me blush but changed my mind and looked back at him.
"So? We're both adults Percy, your birthday is in the matter of days."
"You do remember that the last time you said something like that we ended up grounded for the rest of our lives?"
"Yeah, but just cause you should've woken me up." I pushed him out the door.
"Tell me about the dream, you know the drill." He took my hand.
I didn't want to talk about it but this was Percy, if I couldn't tell him, then who?
I told him what happened in the dream and he told me his. We were almost in the Mess hall when I asked. I dragged him a little sideways from everyone's earshot.
"Did you actually say that you're gonna marry me and that we'll have kids in front of my mother? At leats I think that's what you were talking about when I woke up from the nightmare."
Percy's cheeks got a little tinge of pink as I mentioned it. He took my hands and looked me in the eyes.
"I know that it's too soon to think about. But we will one day, won't we?" He asked
"Noo..." I said.
He could have played a kicked puppy then.
"Of course Seaweed brain! What did you think? That I'm gonna break up with you and find someone else? I love you, stupid, so whenever we're ready... But don't expect the kids anytime soon." I laughed and he did too.
"That sounds like a cool plan." Percy smiled. He even agreed to meet with my dad during the summer, if we had time.
"But why did you say I cannot have a dog?" Percy said as he sat down to his table.
"Ehm, I don't know. Because you already have one that's bigger than a car and you have a freakin' pegasus to raise better?" I laughed. "I want a big fish tank, no to a cat, and maybe some beardies." I grinned.
"Beardies?" Percy said quizically.
"Bearded dragons, sorry. Love these guys. But hey, ignore night thoughts, of course that if you wanted a dog I'd love it too."
Our food appeared on the plates. Percy had blue pancakes with blueberries and a glass of an orange juice, turned blue...
I've had the same but my pancakes weren't blue. I really hope the coloring wasn't as bad as human food dyes were.
Jason and Piper must have left already so we sat there eating our food together until Chiron came over to us.
"Ehm," he cleared his throat to get our full attention.
"I've heard about what happened last night. I'm sorry for that Annabeth, it was your mother who insisted on you going back to your own cabin at first... But she talked to us today and agreed to let you two stay together. I don't think that the campers are going to like it but Percy's allowed to stay in Athena's cabin. Although she seemed really upset about that idea of hers."
Percy stiffed a laugh and I kicked him under the table.
"Thank you Chiron," I hugged him. "So, can we get another bed to my cabin for him?" I asked, sitting back down.
Chiron looked slightly puzzled so I quickly explained, "Percy drools when he sleeps. I'd like to have somewhere to kick him out to."
Chiron laughed.
"I don't get how your mother cannot trust you two in making the right decisions. We'll get him an extra bed if that's what you want, of course." Chiron kept laughing and walked away.
He was in his normal form, not in the wheel chair, so it took him a while to turn without knocking over the tables. I could swear he was shipping us the most of everyone.
Percy looked at me with a pretended disappointment.
"Oh, come on, it's not like I haven't told everybody about that already!" I stated and we both laughed.
"My mom said that we should visit her for a lunch and stay overnight." Percy said then. "She gave me an address where they live now. They moved... I'm gonna go ask Chiron to give us a day off, if you want to come too. And we can fly on Blackjack if you don't mind."
"That sounds great Percy." I finished my pancake, answering with a full mouth.
Later we went to Chiron and he let us go. Of course.
Mr.D. muttered something about turning us to dolphins if we 'gonna do anything stupid' and threw a slice of bacon to Seymour so we left before he changed his mind.
We went to pack our stuff and I told Piper that we were leaving camp... Then I met up with Percy in the stables where we found Blackjack snoring away.
"Like the owner..." I said.
Percy took some sugar cubes out of his pocket.
"Hey bro, you're embarrassing us in front of the lady." Percy kneeled to the creature and patted his head.
Now that woke Blackjack up. His wounds had already healed and he seemed thrilled to get out of camp. Or at least that's what Percy said Blackjack said. Also that he was no one's bitch and had no owner.
I remembered the time Percy disappeared... Blackjack never let anyone ride him. I've never seen him more happy than he was right in that moment.
We looked up the address on my phone and flew out of the camp.
From up above, the camp looked like nothing bad ever happend there. But we'd always remember how Gaea almost managed to destroy both camps at once, us with them.
Our destination wasn't that far from Camp nor Goode High School where we'd go after the summer, it was perfectly positioned.
It was a minty house with a nice garden and a garage.
The name on the mailbox said: Jackson & Blofis. I looked at Percy who seemed just as expecting as me. We walked towards the door and rang the bell.
No one else but Percy's mother and step-father opened the door and greeted us with hugs and nice words.
We dropped our bags in the hallway and Percy's mom led us to a living room to sit down on the couch. She and Paul sat across us on two arm chairs.
We sat there looking over the room and into the kitchen through which's window you could see Blackjack jumping around on their garden.
"So, you moved while I was gone. I really am the worst son ever to miss my parents moving." Percy said after Sally stopped fussing around us and asking how we were and whether we wanted anything to eat.
Sally and Paul smiled at each other. "Well," Paul started.
"We wanted to wait for you to come back but when you disappeared for half a year."