A "Stupid" Short Story

I think I just wanna do something stupid...

I'm stupid, do me...

STORY NOTES: Percy and Annabeth are adults, they're canonically turning 30 this summer (Annabeth was born July 12th, 1993) 💙 I guess the age is up to you (in my world they age with me) but we're talking twenties in this story. Accompanied by this masterpiece from the vault ^
Now Annabeth is a total Swiftie, but Percy definitely introduced her 🦋

Adult themes suggested, not explicitly described 👀

Now onto the story...

Annabeth totally forgot about the mandatory senior counselor meeting and Percy met up with Piper purely by accident too... So when he ran back into his dorm, breathing like a mad cow yet faithful to his purpose of fetching breakfast, she had a mini heart attack. It was honestly getting old how often they arrived late, last, or never... She ended up sleeping at his dorm after last night, afternoon, simply a long day of enjoying each other's company. And binging some movies. They kept things cool in public, not any less in love, just more capable of stealing moments whenever they could, even if they had completely different school and work schedules right at the moment. Just yesterday...

She rarely got to see Percy in school, it was a miracle when they did... So in case of these miracles, they made a deal to give each other attention... It didn't matter if they tackled the other into a bear hug or blew a kiss across the room, that was the fun of it. The thing was that they saw each other already. Right when Annabeth ran into the canteen to buy herself ice coffee, Percy hurried over from his table and kissed her cheek, tucking the ever loose strand of hair behind her ear, leaving her wanting more. It felt like cheating when she walked by his classroom only to catch his glance and continue on. Absolutely coincidentally, the bell just rang, his teacher nowhere in sight. She dropped a note, hoping it'd end up in Percy's hands, not some poor teacher's.
'I think I just wanna do something stupid... Your dorm. ASAP!'
Annabeth knew very well she'd have a minute's headstart max once he read the words and she was right too, having barely managed to take off her shoes, he opened the door, the slip of paper in his hand and a grin on his face.
"Seaweed brain." She laughed.
"Annabeth- I planned on staying in that one... Who'd guess you of all to go around throwing sticks in way of my passion for learning..."
"Learning what exactly?" She said, unbraiding her hair in the meantime.
Percy laughed, "Hell, do I know..." He grabbed her hips and pulled her close, breathing her in. "I'll just have to transfer my education here, maybe a bit of anatomy-" He kissed her lips. "Though I think learning a new way to be done by you is less taxing." Behind her ear. "More rewarding." Her neck. "And so much more fun." He slowly pushed her against the wall... "You're perfect, Annabeth." How she loved her name on his lips.
Say it again, she begged silently.
"I love you Annabeth, to whatever end..."

"Annabeth?!" She was shaken from the sweet memory, lulled under by Percy's fingers following the lines of her tattoos. He must have remembered them to the smallest of details, drawing the wings spreading from her spine even over her tank top...
"Yes?" She yawned, wiping her face. "Keep me awake, asshole," She hissed Percy's way.
"Thought I'd give you some peace now, my queen." He whispered, sending shivers all over her body. It didn't help her embarrassment when he kept referencing her favorite book lines or calling her queen. He was too good at getting her ever since she made him read/listen certain books of her choice.
"We were just summing up- I'm sorry, did you sleep at all? Been celebrating a day early?"
Percy smirked.
Chiron looked his way, giving him the kind of look that grounded children and tickled certain son of Poseidon's ego...
"Oh I'm so sorry, we had a late night movie marathon, I just had to see the Lord of the rings saga...?" Piper said, yawning over-theatrically. "I'm so tired too, I could definitely tuck in right now, right Percy?" Percy nodded with all the honesty he could muster while watching his friend cook lies from nothing.
"The- it's 11am Piper... You watched all the movies?"
"Definitely." Annabeth agreed, mentally thanking her sister by choice for the save. "Oh the sum up... We're all good now, no newbies under five years of age this summer so everyone's self sufficient... The boys and girls are getting along, no flare ups of unusual rivalry... And we have a cabin kitten which was brought in with Xaria, the kids built it a whole palace of a cat tree, that's new."
It seemed to be enough for the camp leader as he disbanded the meeting just a minute after, wishing Annabeth all the best.

"Oh I'm gonna kill you Perseus."
"I got the feeling you won't though..." Percy grinned, all teeth, and she remembered again how hard she fell, again, when he quoted Rowan's lines as she told him she loved him. She smiled too.
The smile didn't falter even as Piper caught up with them, squeezing in between the two. She grabbed their shoulders and led the way.
"So, lovebirds-"
Annabeth scrunched up her nose.
"I'm gonna start charging for saving your asses. But it's your birthday so I'll let that slide. Happy birthday babe," She kissed her cheek. "And please don't be late to your own party, I'm pretty sure Sally's not as gullible as our old man is." She smiled sweetly.
Percy saluted her on that, Piper having gone off to get her siblings to clean the Pegasus stables, a task she chose rather than kitchen duty.
"You know what... We're adults, both of us happy, but it's still so weird knowing that they know. She knows exactly what we did last night, everybody does."
Annabeth scrunched up her face at the thought of someone thinking of her private life. Percy was left staring.

There wasn't a surface in his room he'd let his mother sit on for the sheer embarrassment of all the memories flashing in. Percy had Annabeth against this door, the wall, on the table... They frequented the shower too. Usually he'd scold himself for thinking of sex but Annabeth was the one who brought bedtime stories on, not him. What he'd give for a cold dip now... Thinking of reenacting Annabeth's books didn't add up to his cause.
He grabbed her thigh and she took the cue, hopping up and wrapping the other leg around. He'd had just enough time to ask if she had any of her contraceptive juices (novelty in demigod world) left before she took him in, all of him. They played a game of control, amused through the fight of wills. It was no surprise they stayed in, nobody bothered the couple, as would be in vain anyway.

"You're my goddess, Annabeth." Percy took her both hands in his, shaking the pictures from his mind, focusing on making her happy now. "And I love you. So while I also feel a little dirty because my mind just replayed us like it was an adult movie, I don't care if anybody thinks anything of us because what we have is more than little loser me could ever dream of and I know we're equal and nobody's doing the other favor by being together, but I'll forever be grateful for this one good thing my stupid heritage brought me... And that's you. Our friends are a cool bonus. But it's you, it's always been You. Also nobody thinks about that but the spawn of Aphrodite, little weirdos."
Annabeth smiled. "That was one big announcement but you'll have to relent from feeding my corny ideas if you wanna get a tear out of me." She jumped on his back, mumbling in his ear to lead the way to the beach, since they had the time to do whatever she wished today, and she was ready to read and rest.

"Annabeth?" Percy came out of the water, careful not to get sand on their blanket.
"Huh?" She didn't look up from her book.
"May I speak now or shall I wait..?"
She gave him a killer look but tucked the bookmark in all the same.
"Did I tell you happy birthday already?"
Annabeth distinctly remembered it was the first thing he told her when they woke up. "Yes... Course you did."
"Well I kinda have a little surprise now-"
It was a challenge of sorts, he put seashells on the floor of the sand to follow and so she did. They swam to one of the overhanging rock cliffs and deeper into the cave. Annabeth turned around there, paddling water before he appeared too, barely visible through the darkness. Then the waves painted scenes of color on the wall and Annabeth marveled at the place, having been there a million times before but seeing it in new light now... In-
"The lights! Are those some kind of bioluminescent creatures? Is it safe? "
"Yes, I did my own research and asked, it's a gift from Tyson, our father uses them as nightlight, don't worry."
She turned around the water, the cave ceiling illuminated too, tiny speckles of blues forming new constellations. "Its gorgeous."
Percy smiled, letting her soak it all in.
"Does research mean you just dunked a Mason jar here and waited for a reaction, or..?"
"Don't push your luck." Percy grinned.
"Wouldn't dream of that-" She was long lost in thoughts, probably seeing herself as the main character, finding her way through magical tunnels... She'd always be his main character.
"Happy birthday." Percy told Annabeth once again, mesmerized by just how beautiful the world could be when you survived the hardships fate chucked at you.

Happy birthday Annabeth, you're a great part of me and I'll love you forever 💙

FUN FACT: BIOLUMINESCENT ALGAE CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS AND SHOULDN'T BE TOUCHED. BIOLUMINESCENT PLANKTON MAY BE LESS DANGEROUS (TO MY UNDERSTANDING), BUT STILL... THIS IS FICTION WHERE IT DOESN'T POISON YOU 😇