14. The talk

Percy's POV

"You, sure you won?" I said.
We kissed.
I forgot my name. Why I was standing where I was standing. The whole world. All I knew were Annabeth's soft lips kissing mine and the smell of her citrus shampoo that I've grown to love.
I couldn't understand the words at the moment but someone apparently spoke to us because Annabeth stepped away.
I looked at her as she walked towards my mother.
She was so perfect and I wasn't. Sometimes I was out of my head, I kept forgetting things, and I was a mess. Annabeth was my perfection. Those beautiful curls and her eyes, her smile and the way she focused on a book and frowned at it as she had hard times reading too. I knew she didn't think of herself that way though, it was my mission to always remind her.
"You coming Seaweed brain?" Annabeth turned back to me and I knew that even if I was looking like an idiot right in the moment she'd love me the most.
"Always," I said as I sprinted to Annabeth and greeted my mum.

Annabeth sat down in the living room with my mom while I offered a little service to those two. I wanted to get familiar with the kitchen... We'd be seeing each other a lot in a rather short time.
"Where's Paul anyway?" Annabeth asked, looking around.
"He left to the store to buy some groceries half an hour ago. I didn't feel like going so I sent him alone, he's a good sport about helping out more than he'd actually have to."
I was grateful that my mother found him, that she found someone actually nice to her, someone who loved her like I loved Annabeth. My mom truly deserved Paul. After suffering through Idiot Gabe, she only deserved the best.
"Oh, I see... Hey, let me help you with that." Annabeth said as I walked into the room juggling the glasses and a pitcher with icy lemon water.
"Come on." Annabeth said as she helped me put it down.
We sat next to each other and I exhaled quite loudly... I did not know what to say for once.
"So???" My mom looked at us, somehow so amused.
"It's your turn Wise girl. I had it worse." I said as i grinned at her. Telling my mum was easy because she was the most accepting parent ever, sure I'd let Annabeth handle it. I mean, my mum didn't sold me up for adoption in my whole dam life, she'd accept this quite easily I'd expect.
"I wanted to wait for Paul." Annabeth whispered to me just as the front door opened.
Right on time.
"I'm back honey." Paul called from the hallway. "Brought you the chicken soup you love... Hey whose shoes are those?"
My mum walked over to him and kissed him for a welcome.
"Percy and Annabeth came over, and apparently they have something to tell us. Come sit in the living room." She told him. Then she whispered something I couldn't hear. They both laughed a little.
"Uhm, ok. Thas explains the two pegasi on our front garden. Gorgeous creatures by the way."
Now that we were all sitting, Annabeth had to tell.
"We can take you for a ride if you want." She said. I pushed her with my elbow, rolling my eyes. "Ummm... We wanted to tell you something very exciting..." Annabeth twisted the ring on her finger and held her hand up.
"Percy proposed to me and we're going to marry at camp before the end of the summer. The godly parents know already." Annabeth said swiftly, waving her hand through the air as if they were supposed to see it now.
"That's... You are? It is... great." my mother said, gazing at my grin.
"I am so glad guys, but... Any specific reason may I ask?" Paul added and smirked.
"If you don't count in that we know each other for ages and kinda went through all kids of hell together, then not. What did you mean?" I said, almost jokingly already.
"Um, right. I think that the same one that everyone would consider the reason for people our age to marry Percy." Annabeth explained.
"No! Why does everyone keep asking that." I exclaimed. "First Drew, then Aphrodite out of everyone warning me I better not get her pregnant before our diplomas are hanging on the wall..."
"Oh shush Paul. And Percy, sweetie, it's quite a logical question since you're this young. Now tell me everything kids!" Sally scooted her chair a little closer. "How did the immortals take it? Was that bitch goddess pis- ugh- upset?" Sally exclaimed.
Paul laughed at Sally.
Maybe I'd expect my mom to at least ask more of the How are you gonna do things? questions but she just didn't. I think I broke her sometime throughout the years of age 12 and up.
"Ehm, I don't even know about Hera..." Annabeth answered. "I hope so." She laughed.
"Oh she was as silent as a statue. She didn't say a word the whole time." I added.
"Wait guys! We can still give you two an educated talk. As a somewhat parent of a handsome young man like you Percy I feel just obligated to do so." Paul said it out of a total blur andnd my vision blurred a little too.
"No?" I begged. "Your inner teacher's showing Paul!"
Give me Ares or Apollo, Athena even. But not this...
Annabeth wiggled up and sat there cross legged, patiently listening while I stared at my mom and somewhat adoptive dad talking about my sexual life, thoughts of throwing myself the cliff running through my mind. Yet Annabeth still sat there completely chill and champ like.
After a while I managed to make myself speak clear again and not only mutter.
"Mother please, no more. I went to school. I'm not stupid. I've had enough."
"They tell kids at school about that? In camp you only have your siblings to talk to about everything and that's just, phew I wouldn't go through that... I mean, I caught on to everything but..." Annabeth laughed at me and I stared at her.
Annabeth realized why.
"Not that you should continue." She said and whispered a "Sorry!" as my parents resumed torturing my soul.

"So... just remember to use proper protection as long as you don't want little demigods running around. And honestly, this isn't the most comfortable I could be either." My mother said.
I laughed.
"Annabeth took care of that one already." I shouldn't have said that now...
"You promised you wouldn't talk about it." She elbowed me to the chest and I gasped for air.
"It slipped."
Now poor Annabeth started explaining the situation that she was in at the store with Piper and Katie and reassured my parents that we'd have kids some good time after college. Which led to her talking about her plans for the city and I was sure that we'd stay for days like that... But we told Chiron that we'd come back before dinner and he'd be worried if we didn't...
"Come on Annabeth, camp's waiting." I said.
She looked at the clock. "Oh my gods you should've stopped me sooner."
We left after we checked on Annabeths room. Paul did a really good work there. He painted the walls and set the new floor along with putting in proper sun shields.
I admired my mom and Paul.

Back in camp, upon going to the cabin to wait for Annabeth, I was stopped by Malcolm and Derek.
"Percy." Malcolm grabbed my arm to get my attention. "We wanted to talk to you about something."
"Look guys, I expect it's something about Annabeth. I was this close to being scorched by your mother." I pointed out. "Then my parents gave us an exhausting educational talk today. You don't wanna know... And hey, in the end I wasn't killed by your mother. I can't be stopped by anything anymore. Bring it on." I said, drunk by the feeling of actually knowing I had a marvelous future now.

Vendy