27. Going home

Percy's POV

My eyes opened once the first strong rays of sunshine came through the drapes. I watched the sea from our window, the ceiling, my beautiful Annabeth next to me. I even tried her book but ended entertaining myself by spinning Anaklusmos between my fingers, lightsaber style. I switched between those activities before snapping and deciding I'd wake her soon. We did it, we've survived and now we were finally together. I'd never thought of someone else like I did about Annabeth ever in my whole life which admittedly was not so long, sure, but...
Would people doubt us sticking together even more now or would they think we'd make it till the end of the line? I didn't care, but it crossed my mind as I waited and waited.
"Hey," Annabeth blurted out, stretching her arms, curls of her hair falling literally all over her beautiful, tan, face with a goofy smile plastered on.
"Morning Wise girl," I smiled. "This is crazy-"
"What is, Percy?" Annabeth sat up, frowning with the thought.
I groaned as I sat up. "Everything, all the official stuff and- and"
"And what? That we're two newlywed fresh adults on a vacation- slash honeymoon- whose parents are the Olympians?"
Annabeth kissed my forehead and pushed me back down, getting up herself. "We're far beyond strange Percy," she laughed. In response I only managed to chuckle. What she said was reasonable, but oh my-
I loved her so much.
"Hey Annabeth? Headshot-" I threw a pillow at her, I did, no idea why... But she was walking to that balcony so peacefully... Starting a war so soon... Annabeth tried to blow her hair out of her face but had to give up.
She stared at me with that beautiful smile that could kill.
"You're so dead Jackson."
I swallowed uneasily, prepared for her to throw herself at me, but instead she started walking to the bed slowly.
Oh no!
She's just getting closer to take the pillow and strike back. Like a cat. "Sorry but I'm not sorry" I snickered and grabbed all the pillows exactly the moment that she tried to grab them. "I'm gonna get you anyway," Annabeth grinned.
I have to admit that whatever I'm doing isn't the smartest thing to do. Encouraging her to a pillow fight... next thing I remember is running through the living room and something crashing on the floor. I threw the pillows back like a hand grenades. Yeah, that was stupid cause the "weapons" in her possession were a sure win for her.
Unless... I faked an injury. I whined and fell rather dramatically.
"What's wrong?" She dropped the pillows, looking completely worried. Ugh, I almost felt bad for her.
"I think I just fell- for you- again."
She smacked me across my chest.
"Why, thank you," I said. And now that I looked around... The room was a complete mess. "One of us broke a vase Annabeth."
"Wonder who that was," she chuckled. "Come on, let's clean it up."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annabeth's POV

"I've got one mother in law, slash hella crazy grandma here. You should come cause I don't need my son going all about shipping people, other than on actual boats."
"I'll get Percy-" I didn't get to finish the sentence, instinctively gasping for air before getting pulled underwater. No air bubble this time, only Percy's lips on mine. To my liking that kiss ended too soon.

"Hello my wonderfull lovebirds"
I hated how she sounded so serious in certain moments and switched to craziness the next.
"Hello, lady Aphrodite."
We both greeted her politely. I'd have to admit that the fact that she promised an interesting love life to me was still kinda upsetting but she was still a pretty decent mother... For godly standards. And so we left behind this wonderful place. A promise we'll be back one day.