The one Where they remember Love Ride

My older brother borrowed a book about Troy from someone and he's reading it aloud next to me and I'm dying.

No one:
*post birth scene*

Queen: This kid will bring chaos, I don't want it. He's got those malicious baby eyes, he'll reign flames on us all, I'm telling y'all.

Baby Paris: Agogoo?

His father, da King at a random guy that walks by: Hey dude, yeah you. Come here. My wife just gave birth and you know how quackers they are. She don't want it. I ain't taking care of it. Maybe it ain't even mine. Here. Take this child into the mountains. He must die there.

Servant: Okay?

Servant later: Here, nice looking villager, take this royal kid. I'm ducking done with doing their dirty work. Maybe he'll avenge my sorry ass later. You know how kids are these days.

And so I'm here again XD

The actual chapter below:

It was a hot summery day and neither Percy or Annabeth had a thing to do. They were done with all of the tests and deadlines. The prom took place in May. The graduation ceremony happened last Friday... In all possible ways, they were free.
Annabeth had woken up last that morning. She had opened her eyes into the sunlit room she shared with Percy, soaking in the everyday ambience of her home. Sitting up, she noticed that Percy must have taken care of Victoria already because there were toys strewn all over the floor, some led to the hall, and the window was left open for her to get some fresh morning air.
Annabeth sighed contentedly, and jumped down on her bare feet. After a swift bathroom visit, she ran straight downstairs.
Annabeth stopped on the very last step and leaned on the railing. Percy was there, just where she could see him, making his signature silly noises accompanied by faces he did for Victoria who was sitting in her high chair, eating some corn puffs and eggs. More like pelting them at Percy and laughing madly.
It was a sight she'd never get tired of.
"Hey there." Annabeth grinned towards him as she walked on.
"Hey you little stinker." Annabeth said, laughter in her voice, it was the baby talk she developed for Victoria though. She planted a kiss on her cheek and proceeded to give one to Percy too.
"Where's everyone?" Annabeth said before realizing.
"At school-" they said at once, maybe a little maliciously for that matter. They laughed together.
The house seemed so empty out of the sudden. No Estelle crying, no Sally and Paul around.
They left for a well deserved vacation...
Even years ago, the more Annabeth knew Percy, the more she knew that Sally was a hero of her own kind. She raised Percy, didn't she, and she worked hard to be the best mom.
That sometimes gave Annabeth a second thought or two.
She knew that Victoria would call her mom, maybe after the stubborn phase of refusing to say it, and she'd always have her as her very own daughter, but she also knew about all those teenagers who ditched school to be with their kid 24/7. But Athena wouldn't allow that, and Annabeth was even grateful. Knowledge was important to her, after all.
"What do you wanna eat? I baked some chocolate croissants, and there's some sandwiches left from the rest having a breakfast here."
"I'll go with your creations..." Annabeth trailed the sentence, already wiping Victoria's face at least slightly and trying to get some food actually into her mouth.
Annabeth was still in awe at all that's happened in her life. But they were doing great.

Percy looked over his shoulder, suddenly thinking of proposing to Annabeth again, even just for the fun of it as they already got married.
He woke up before her and got Vic out of the bed before she'd start screaming her head off for attention. He was glad for being forced to mature. Because it was alongside Annabeth and nothing could ever feel better than being with her.
"So-" he brought the plates to the table, smiling at the gleeful screaming of the baby, and sat down. "I've been thinking of driving over to camp, letting Victoria play with Sophie and Danny for a bit-"
"A playdate is your plan?" Annabeth interrupted.
"A quick playdate." He pointed out thoughtfully. "And then we'd kidnap your sister Lacey, cause I promised her a trip to an amusement park and never really remembered until now that Miles mentioned they were going during practice. So, joining Miles and Victoria with the kids today, can that be?" Percy suggested, putting the two cups of coffee down.
"I mean, yeah?" Annabeth agreed.
"And you're sure you don't mind?" Percy asked.
"Why would I?" Annabeth sipped the coffee, looking at Victoria. "We can't keep her locked up inside just for safety measures. Can we?"
"No..." Percy remembered the times Annabeth said a clear no to anything too public without a second thought. But the over-carefulness seemed to ease as they grew.
"And I think we shouldn't keep in either." Annabeth said, biting into her food. "Those are great by the way..."
"Glad you like it. Like travelling?" Percy was thrilled that they finally tore down those walls.
Victoria threw her hand to the side and knocked her plate over. Annabeth caught it midair. "Yeah?" She said, waving a hand over the mess on the floors and getting back to her food, sharing it with the child.
"With Victoria?"
After all, only times they got out as kids was while being sent to their possibly certain deaths.
"We kinda insist so, yes, right little girl?" Annabeth laughed.
"We have to think it all through." Percy added.
"Yep, that we do. I don't think we ever got her a passport, either way, I don't have it either. But I've seen people make the travelling quite okay. Like YouTube, Instagram, and so on..."
Annabeth talking about mortal things seemed the cutest to Percy when he remembered how she once only knew the camp, battles, and training.
"Okay but now I gotta ask you one more." Percy said. "What's the limit on spoiling your sister? Because I don't want the rest of camp kids stabbing me to death in my sleep." Percy asked a little too seriously.
"Miles and Vicky can smuggle her in the car." Annabeth laughed heartily.
"And Percy?"
"You love me and would be thrilled to help me clean the car?" He said, knowing very well she wouldn't jump on that.
"Yes and no. Maybe, a tiny maybe... That I'll shout orders at you while you do it. Finally. But for now, Greer just threw up those corn puffs she picked up after Vic-"
"I-" Percy started shouting as fast as he could.
"No I claim the kid!" Annabeth shouted a little faster than Percy. "Ha, floors are yours, bite the dust loser." Annabeth laughed and picked the last bite of croissant in one hand and Victoria in the other, unstrapping her professionally.
"I think you misspelled lover, babe!" Percy called.
Annabeth just laughed.
Percy grinned after her, she walked a wide arch around the barf and up the stairs with such grace only she could have. Then he realized he had to clean said throw up and frowned at the dog as she licked his arm.
"Ewww... But you're still the goodest girl..."

•••

The system of going to rides was simple when the other adults could watch over the kids. Whenever Percy and Annabeth wanted to go on a ride or Miles and Vick wanted to try some crazy looking catapult-like thing, they could. And sometimes it was the girls or the boys waiting, looking from far and praying their dear other halves wouldn't die.
And oh Lacey... Lacey went everywhere, that girl had no idea what fear was, apparently. Annabeth wasn't even sure that word was in her vocabulary.
But the little kids would have to get a piece of it too, right? And so they bought them soft toys and other park classics. And they hopped every other kid ride they bumped into, even though they were pretty sure the children would enjoy the supermarket swing cars just as much at their age.

They were on a kiddy roller coaster, and it was a Disney themed one, maybe a copy of those in Disneyland.

It's a small world after all... It's a small world after all...

It played through the bright tunnels, echoed of the walls.

And it reminded Percy and Annabeth of the water ride. The ride of love. Or love ride. Whatever it was called... They couldn't precisely remember the name or what they were wearing, or whether it was cloudy or the sky was bright blue, but they both knew that in moments like these they were already long blessed and cursed.
Even at the age of twelve they'd go to deep lenghts for one another... Including Grover.
Grover would have loved this mini version of a fun ride... But he had his life mission of saving the planet, slowly spreading awareness and helping more and more people see reality and start the change. Still, whenever Grover was near, they saw each other, talked for days and reminisced on good old times when all was mostly awful.

Now they all scrambled out of the low benches of the wagons and straightened their stiff knees. What a joy it was to have someone you'd suffer things like that through a thousand times if it made them happy.
Which, as Victoria's attitude showed, all made her just that. And she rather enjoyed baby-talking with Sophie and the attention Danny and Lacey gave her.

...

So I wanted to leave a lil note:
Starting to help planet can be as easy as not buying plastic packed products, leave your veggies and fruits out of a bag or bring some kind of a mesh cloth one (available on eBay for nothing... And it's still more friendly than all the plastic you'd use). And just overall leave out things as plastic straws, cutlery and plates... It's so dam easy and everyone should do that. The easiest and best for you personal profit is using a bar soap and shampoo that is all vegan friendly, isn't tested on animals, and is handmade and plastic free packed! And the bar soaps are perfect! Shampoos too, I love it. It takes some time for your hair to adjust to natural regime but it's worth it cause your hair will be thicker and healthier! Plus they last forever!!!
BAMBOO TOOTHBRUSHES!!!
Biodegradable diapers for those with kids/siblings...
TEACH YOUR PARENTS ABOUT IT! I CHANGED MINE'S VIEWS (after some time) AND THEY'RE TRYING SO HARD NOW! I'm proud!
And if you wanna ask about anything that goes around ecological ways then ask! I'll be launching an Instagram profile soon that's all about that but comments here are open to all 🧡