Undone

*continuation to the last Greek motived chapter "25" will be next, this chapter kinda happens at this time, as in the presence
.
.
.
"Percy, I wanna go back to hell- Underworld, not hell 'hell' as in the lowest floor, just to the gates is enough." Annabeth casually stated while spooning her cereals and spilling them back to the bowl, she finally ate it though and looked up at Percy. Big bright grey eyes and an excited smile on her face, she pierced Percy with that look. Was she crazy for ever wanting to go there, to go back? Maybe, but Annabeth knew she had to go there.
Percy choked on his coffee a little and stared at Annabeth. "What?" He coughed a little to clear his throat. "Did you just say what I think you said?"
"Yes and I'm serious, Percy, we've screwed up so many things during our quests, and now I can't stop thinking about it... Before, so many things have been going on and then wars started and really, when was it ever peacefull enough to think back between school and raising Victo-"
"Fine," Percy stopped her rambling. "But why do we have to go there out of all places?"
"Promise you won't laugh."
"I do, I won't..."
Annabeth thought for a while.
"I was watching Greer and O'Leary running around in the park with Victoria the other day and gods she reminds me of myself so much. Not the point though, when I was younger, dad had this-"
"Doberman." Percy said. "And you did obedience school with that dog and then you once 'trained' Cerberus the same. I remember. Annabeth is this about Cerberus?"
"Yes!" Annabeth brightened up again. "I need to go back to him. Just imagine how would Mrs. O'leary feel if she couldn't be free and come to us whenever she wanted." Annabeth stood up by that time. Percy half expected her to pull out charts and boards with a full travel plan.
"I can't sleep anymore-"
"I noticed," Percy grinned and Annabeth rolled her eyes at him and gave him the dirtiest threatening look she could muster up.
"Perseus I'm serious, I can't go on with my life if I keep blaming myself for all the things we could have done differently." Annabeth said, grudgingly but one could hear a note of humor in her voice.
"Annabeth I already said I'd go with you, that was decided the moment I met you anyway." Percy said louder than it was necessary for Annabeth wasn't the best listener when she got excited. "But I'm not saying sorry to any more squirrels on the way."
"No rodents are on the list, I promise." Annabeth laughed. "But I mean-"
"We're not going back to the terrible memory of being turned into a quineapig." Percy sighed.
"What if Victoria wants one though?" Annabeth asked kinda triumphantly.
"Then I'm getting her a pony." Percy said as he picked his dishes up and disposed them in the sink. "When do you want to go?"
"As soon as possible, it's not much to do as long as we can't bring people back to life, and that we can't manage-" though Annabeth wished it was possible every single day. "I'd say we should leave right as Vic comes from her lessons. We've got no plans for today anyway." Annabeth dropped her dishes into the sink too. Mrs. O'Leary was a precious being to have by your side. With her, you could travel to Hawaii, get a fresh pinacolada, and be back in under 20 minutes. Which reminded Annabeth, she had to go pack for the trip, this time she'd bring more than one ball, which left Percy to clean the kitchen all by himself.
But Percy was completely fine with doing the housework, of course. And he just had to laugh to himself, even though he had no idea yet, something was different with Annabeth. And he couldn't claim that he loved her more now than a month ago when she screamed curses at him because he dared to interrupt her while she was reading the last chapter of her book, but could he not love the constant glow that radiated from her? Maybe it was that he had graduated college succesfully or that they finally finished everything that needed to be done around the house, or the fact that they both had great jobs. Then there was this thing about Victoria winning every capture the flag at the mere age of 5 that Annabeth was pretty proud about. Or all combined, who knows...

-Vendy

*I'm bringing up an old, old headcanon of mine so watch out for the next chapters