✦︎After⇦︎

Y/N POV

~

☆☆☆

Los Angeles, California

☆☆☆

~

While staring at each other, we managed to drift closer and press our lips together. In those moments, the sadness, the memories, the negative knots tied with this day were all gone, leaving the feeling of love deep in my body.

We part, smiling even more than we originally were. We stand up from the bed, leading me to see my reflection in the mirror that hangs on my wall.

"Ew," I say to myself, then turn around to face Dream, pointing at my face. "You just kissed this?" I ask him, a look of disgust on my face.

"Shut the fuck up," he says with a chuckle, playfully rolling his eyes at my comment. I laugh with him, standing up completely.

"I'm gonna head to the bathroom and get my shit together. You don't have to wait for me," I say, heading to the bedroom of the door.

"Can you make breakfast- or rather, lunch?" He asks me, cringing at his own question. My jaw drops.

"You guys haven't eaten yet?!" I ask in alarm. Dream shakes his head, still cringing. "Why not?!"

"We don't know how to cook, damn it!" He says, throwing his hands to the side and letting them collide with a smack on the side of his thighs.

thunder thighs 😩😩 I'm so sorry I'll go-

I lean down, pinching the bridge of my nose in disappointment. "Can you guys order something? I need to wash my hair," I say, trying to look for a solution.

Dream smacks his forehead in realization.

"We probably should have done that earlier," he says, and I chuckle at the boys' stupidity. "I'll do that now," he says, pushing past me and entering the kitchen. I watch him tell George and Sapnap who sit on the couch, watching them have the same reaction as Dream and smack their foreheads. I don't know if they would still be alive without me.

I step into the shower after stripping and warming the water, only to be left alone in my thoughts.

They trail, leading me back to the day six years ago. Tears well in my eyes, falling down and mixing with the water. I sniffle, inhaling and choking on some water while I'm at it. I cough, clearing my throat and my head.

It's my birthday, and Sapnap and George don't even know it. I can tell them when the time comes, or if they ask. When they ask I'll answer, but I won't bring the topic up myself.

I hear faint laughter, pulling me out of my thoughts and forcing me to actually wash my body and hair.

After I finish showering, I leave my hair to dry naturally and change into Dreams sweater he gave me and a pair of shorts. It's started raining outside again, the overcast dulling the city.

I enter the living room, seeing three boxes of pizza open and on the tables. One is on the siding table, one is on the coffee table, and the other is on the counter.