✂︎Duel⁂︎

Y/N POV

~

☆☆☆

L'Manberg

☆☆☆

~

I grow light headed with Wilbur's words. The future of our servers are now my responsibility. Freedom or captivity. A good reputation, or a terrible one.

"Staar, either do this, or we have to take an immediate L," Tommy says, and I laugh at his statement.
"Well I guess I have to do it, right?" I ask, but don't need an answer.

I join the vc with the rest of the L'Manberg members.

"Everyone, meet on the path," Wilbur says, and no further details are needed to understand what we're talking about.

"Alright. What's with the serious tone?" Tubbo asks.

"Um, Tommy got us in a... troubled position," Wilbur says, and Fundy takes a deep breath.
"What happened?" Fundy asks, sounding disappointed.
"Tommy popped off and Dream didn't like it," I say, and Tommy laughs loudly.
"He did not "pop off" he was irresponsible," Wilbur says.
"I thought he popped off," I say again, quietly.
"Thank you, Staar," Tommy says, and then laughs again.

I watch as their characters pop over the horizon, jump sprinting over here. We all stand around the wooden path, people on the opposing side also standing there, unaware of our voice call.

"Care to explain?" Fundy asks, and I realize that they still don't understand what's happening.
"I have to duel Dream," I say quietly.
"WHAT?" Tubbo yells out, and I wince at the loud noise.
"We'll talk about it later-- if we're still alive," Tommy says, and tries making 'spooky' noises with his voice. All they do are earn a few chuckles in the group.

A small ping rings out and I see Dream dming me, telling me to join general 1 for the duel.

"Okay well we have to go," I say, leaving this vc and moving to general.

~

"What are the details of the 1 v 1, Tommy? Since you've started this whole thing, we have to fight," Dream says.
"Actually, Staar is taking my place," Tommy states.
"What? You can't just back out, Tommy," Dream replies.
"Actually, as her job as the Assassin, its in her job requirements that she does this," Wilbur states, dropping a book. It shines as it spins a few times on the floor before Dream picks it up and opens it.

"Terms, by Wilbur Soot. Staar now swears that she will do all of the killing of animals and other players for the humble country of L'Manberg. Signature: staar.live," Dream reads out loud.

"It says it right there. I signed that contract, Dream," I say, proving the facts.
"Fine. I'll let it slide, just this once," Dream says, his character jumping closer to me. "Again, what are the details of the one v one."

"Half a heart. No axes, no swords, ten paces," Tommy says confidently. I shrug at the terms.
"Ten paces," Dream chuckles, ridiculing Tommy's words. "No weapons, too."

Well, Tommy didn't say no weapons. An idea for earlier pops into mind.

"Listen Dream, we know what you want. You want your two million view title and you want to get your subscribers. I get it. So let's just--"

"I'd be really sad if I only got two million views. I would probably cry," Dream interrupts, making fun of the situation.
"Oh wow look, I'm Mr. Dream, I'm super popular," I mock, and he chuckles. Tommy isn't feeling it, staying silent.
"Oh you son-- you fucking-- ugh," Tommy says quietly. I laugh loudly at his loss of words, making sure to mute myself beforehand. "Dream? Look at me. Dead in the eyes. Why are your eyes on your chest--"