The Fight (ending 2)

Kay hi again.

Kay bye.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Peter cursed himself for not just staying at the tower. Tony had even said that Peter didn’t need to handle the threat, that it was small and the police were already subduing it. But nooooooo, Peter just had to help the police.

Not that he regretted it. When he got to the square the threat was in, he couldn’t tell what the threat was, only that it was flying and seemed like a human. He also found that the police most certainly did not have it under control. They were actually cowering in their cars, and Peter swore that he saw at least half of the force sigh in relief when they saw SpiderMan swing into sight. Peter swung up to one of the cars, knocking on the window. The officer in the car put the window down.

“What’s happening?”

“Um, well as far as we can tell, it's a guy who calls himself um, The Vulture, I believe?”

Peter felt his blood run cold, and he was sure that he paled. Still, he nodded and thanked the officer before swinging towards the flying man. 

To tell the truth, Peter was terrified. He had fought The Vulture before, and had survived, but he definitely didn't come away unscathed. He had been in so much pain for weeks afterwards, and even with his enhanced healing, the bruises stayed for what seemed like forever. Makeup had become his best friend in that period of time.

But Peter wasn’t going to just let Adrian get away with whatever he was doing this time.

“Ah. I’ve been waiting for you.”

Peter felt a chill go down his spine when he talked. The voice was like a trigger on a gun, and Peter just couldn’t help but think, I wasn’t aiming for you. But Peter shook the thought off and stared down Toomes.

“Have you now?”

“Hmm, yes. You know, I tried to visit my daughter. Just now, actually. She called the cops on me. Told me I was supposed to be in jail.”

“You are supposed to be in jail.”

Toomes scoffed.

“Beside the point. My daughter was scared of me. And that is your fault. She never would be scared if she didn’t know what I did, which she only knows now because of you.””

“If you hadn’t done it in the first place, I wouldn’t have had anything to stop you from.”

Toomes nodded.

“Good point, but still. So, I wondered, how do I get back at you? Then I figured that probably just seeing me would be enough. I mean, I won’t stoop so low as to hurt your friends, as they were Liz’s friends too. I couldn’t hurt your aunt, as she is already dead. My condolences, by the way. And so I settled with just fighting you again. And winning this time.”

Peter swallowed. He was indeed living with Tony now due to his Aunt's death. She had been fighting her own battle while he had been fighting The Vulture, and she had lost, the cancer claiming her life.

But Peter barely had time to think about it as he ducked to miss a blow aimed at his head. Another blow flew towards him, and Peter caught it this time, twisting the leg kicked at him. Toomes twisted and used the force of Peter's action to twist his body and kick with the other leg.

This head hit home. 

Peter reeled back, trying to get his head to stop shaking. It felt like his brain was the windows screen saver, bouncing around in his skull. The next thing he knew, he was being picked up by the cloth at his neck, his mask being ripped off as he was drug through the air by Toomes, who was flying with a fixed machine. Peter fought against the hand that was holding the cloth, pulling it tighter and choking him. He struggled, and Toomes laughed, holding the cloth tighter, choking Peter more. Peter felt his limbs go limp and fuzzy, and it was hard to keep fighting when they were so heavy.