SYntHesIa

So there are a lot of different types of synthesis, but I'm gonna go with the one that people typically think of when the word comes up, which is voices being smells, tastes, feelings, and colours.

Peter is still SpiderMan in this cause I wanted him to be👍

It's not super edited, but there shouldn't be a whole lot of errors cause I skimmed it before posting.

Also, don't get too comfy, he still dies

Lots of love❤😁

_________________________________________

1.

Peter should have known better. Honestly. Well, he probably did think about the aftereffects of his late night studies and freaking out before the freaking out ensued, but his head hurt too much right now to try and remember.

He opened his eyes to look at the clock, which read out 9 a.m. in a blindingly bright red. Peter winced, making a small moaning noise, closing his eyes fast and burying his head into the pillow. There were short, popping footsteps followed by a hesitant knock at his door. A voice filled his ears just as lavender filled his nose, and he wrinkled it slightly.

“Peter? You made a noise. You okay?”

Peter made another noise, and the door creaked open softly. Peter winced at the cedar that laid on his tongue and made a mental note to oil the hinges later to attempt to make the taste not as strong.

“I’m fine, May. I'm good. It’s all fine.”

May looked rather hesitant to believe him, but she nodded anyway.

“Okay, if you say so. Remember, though, it is a lab day at noon. If you need me to text and let him know you won’t be there, let me know. Kay?”

Peter nodded, wincing at the headache that had settled when May had been talking. Peter loved her voice, soft pink and lavender, but sometimes it was rather overbearing. Lavender isn’t really a soft scent, a fact that Peter never really noticed until the first time that May yelled at him (when she found out about SpiderMan, she was rather freaked out).

There were very few times that Peter hated synthesia, but the days when he had to ask May to stop talking because her voice was too strong for his overloaded senses was one of them.
May closed the door, and Peter relaxed into his mattress. He wasn’t going to skip out on lab day, of course. He was considering it at the moment, but he knew he never would. Tony would ask questions, and any other day Peter would have been happy to answer them. Today, however, was not any other day. Any other day didn't supply you with a headache so bad that you were convinced going full on Zeus giving ‘birth’ to Athena would hurt less.

All comparisons aside Peter did genuinely feel like he was going to throw up, which was what eventually pulled him from his bed to the bathroom. It was a bit of a process as his floor was covered in clothes like a minefield, so his intended walking across his room was more of a stumbling and tripping. He didn’t turn the light on, falling to his knees and dry heaving over the putrid smelling toilet.

After a little while it became apparent that nothing was going to come up and the nausea was just from the overload and not anything actually in his stomach. He stood, thinking about trying to push through the awful taste of his toothpaste, but after a minute of thought he ended up opting to take a very long shower in the dark (the rain falling on the tiles made soft pattering noises that spelled like freshly mowed grass and floated up a mossy green). Peter closed his eyes, tipping his head back and letting the colors dance behind his eyelids.