𝟐𝟎. YOU FEEL LIKE HOME

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، YOU FEEL LIKE HOME
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑭̲or once in my life, let me get
what I 𝑊̶𝐴̶𝑁̶𝑇̶. 𝔩𝔬𝔯𝔡 knows it would be
the f⃫i⃫r⃫s⃫t⃫ time was .. ❞

𝓡emus and Clementia were as opposite as you could get, in many senses. For one, Remus was part werewolf, and Clementia wasn't. Remus was a half blood, had grown up relatively poor, and refused to face up to his friends out of fear of abandonment - Clementia was the complete opposite. More importantly, Remus had 'forgiven' Sirius for the prank after only a few days. Clementia could tell, deep down, that Sirius' actions still stung like a fresh wound for Remus; he was too afraid of loosing his friends to truly hold them accountable. But, a week had gone by for Clementia and she had barely batted an eyelash at Sirius, more out of principle at this point.

With her lack of communication towards her friend, Clementia had been forced to build and strengthen new friendships. Clementia was a popular girl, there was no doubt about that, but surprisingly she had few friends. After having failed hanging around with what had been her sisters friends - they reminded her too much of Rosie - Clementia had settled back in with Evan's problematic crowd.

To be blunt, Evan's friends were the most arrogant, annoying boys Clementia had ever met, with the exception of Evan of course. They had no interest in learning unless it was anything to do with dark magic, which is exactly why on that day Clementia found herself sat at a desk with a bunch of Slytherin boys, accompanied by Snape whom they had spent most of their time teasing.

In fact in the past week Clementia had grown strangely close to Snape, and although they were complete opposites, she could see a lot of herself in him. If Sirius had been there, he'd have just accused her of befriending 'sad and lonely' people with issues because she knew how they felt. And there it was, Sirius was back on her mind, again.

"I can't see why Narcissa wouldn't date me." Came the voice of Wilford Avery, pulling Clementia from her thoughts. "I'm not ugly, am I?"

The other boys only laughed and shot back playful comments at that question. Clementia cast Evan a smile, placing her hand over his, currently resting on her thigh. Snape sat opposite her, scribbling away on some parchment with his attention buried in a potions book, giving Clementia the occasional smile when their eyes met.

They were nothing compared to the marauders, and Evan was no Sirius, but they were good company. They were the only company she could find.

"Would you call me ugly, Clemy?" Asked Wilford with a smirk.

"Not to your face."

Although the boys found her comment hilarious, Clementia didn't join in with the laughter, for she'd just noticed a familiar group of boys make their way into the library and over to a desk just across from her own. A part of her hoped the marauders would look over at her, smile, wave, anything, but nothing came. They didn't even offer so much as a glance. Maybe they didn't need her. Maybe they'd forgotten about her.