𝟑𝟔. SEND OFF PARTY

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، SEND OFF PARTY
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑾̲on't somebody see and save a 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉?
Come and 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 me now 'cause I'm f⃫a⃫l⃫l⃫i⃫n⃫g⃫
apart .. ❞

Clementia had spent the rest of last night sat by the Great Lake, accompanied by a bottle of fire whiskey Sirius had stolen from James, watching the stars ripple in the reflection of the water. Surprisingly, they were one of the few people in their year that hadn't woken up hungover (excluding Snape, who was too much of a party pooper to have even attended the ball.) The pair had received a few strange looks from some of their friends over breakfast, who seemed to be under the impression something had happened between the two, which was entirely false.

But, despite everyone else's slow and easy going morning, Clementia had spent most of it packing for her visit home. And, after dragging her case down the dormitory steps with the help of Marlene, seemed to be greeted by what looked like a send off party. The marauders, and the girls, stood waiting for her with small, reassuring smiles (not that it offered any type of comfort.)

Had Sirius reminded them? She didn't need everything to be so public. Besides, she'd be back in two days, why was everyone acting like she'd never return?

"Am I coming back, you know?" Clementia chuckled, holding her case tightly in front of her.

"Damn. I was hoping you wouldn't." Sirius teased, before taking a few steps towards her.

Carefully placing her case down onto the ground, Clementia stood on her tippy toes, letting her arms wrap around Sirius' neck to pull him into an embrace. Sirius' arms wrapped tightly around her waist, giving her a little squeeze.

"You don't have to go." He whispered, knowing only she could hear.

But she had to go, she didn't really have a choice. It was two days, that was all, and when she came back she could celebrate a late birthday with everyone. Besides, she had plenty of other birthdays to look forwards to after this one.

Clementia shook her head, pressing a few kisses against Sirius' cheek, and feeling his smile.

"Just make sure you don't let him hitch you up with some other guy-"

"You think I'm that much of a push over?"

Then, she heard an awful lot of noise come from somewhere behind the group, before hearing a very distinct French voice she couldn't help but laugh at. Averruncus had finally arrived then.

"Has she left yet?" Averruncus' voice breathed out, sounding incredibly out of breath, as though he'd just run from the Hufflepuff common room. Strange considering Clementia was certain she'd seen him go up to Remus' dorm last night.