𝟐𝟐. A CHANGE IN WEATHER

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، A CHANGE IN WEATHER
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾

❝ ʻʻ ..  𝑰̲'m not wearing my usual
𝓁𝒾𝓅𝓈𝓉𝒾𝒸𝓀, I thought maybe we could
𝑲𝑰𝑺𝑺 tonight .. ❞

           𝓦ith spring having turned to summer, the usually grey clouds surrounding the castle had disappeared, and were instead replaced with the bright glimmer of sunshine. The newly arrived good weather hadn't gone unnoticed, as students flocked to the grounds surrounding the castle to soak up some sun.

Clementia had, to the dismay of Sirius and James, had chosen to spend her afternoon alongside Evan, this time alone (ignoring the marauders who had sat themselves a few feet away just to spy on them.) Clementia occupying herself by picking at strands of grass and daisies, squinting out across the grounds and nearby lake. The afternoon reminded her so vividly of the summers she'd spend at home with Rosalind down by their lake. If only Rosie had been there with her - She could have helped her make a daisy chain, because Clementia's just kept falling apart. Evan was no help either.

"Stop." Sang Clementia with a laugh as Evan once again nudged her arm, causing her two flower long chain to rip in half.

"If I'd have known all you'd do when I asked to spend some time with you were make flower things then I wouldn't have bothered." Evan teased, poking her nose again, leading Clementia to swat his hand away with a laugh.

"Well I think they're pretty."

"Not as pretty as you."

"Maybe you'd look prettier if you wore one." Clementia replied playfully, squinting over at Evan who just stared back at her with a soft look about him.

As the two continued to just stare at each other for a few moments, Clementia let out a quiet giggle, shooting him a confused smile.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm just looking at you." Replied Evan with the same smile, before bringing his gaze down to land on the broken daisy chain that still laid in her hands.

Evan's hand slowly crawled its way over to Clementia, playing with the edge of her skirt and humming to himself. It was just like last summer all over again, with no cares in the world or for what awaited them. Clementia found herself longing for an easier time, a happier time. But it was a time that would never return.

Clementia jumped a little in fright as Evan suddenly took the two flowers from her hand, rolling them between his fingers before dropping them onto the grass besides him with a quiet laugh.

"Flower crowns are boring-" He teased.

"So are you-"

"And childish. And ridiculous."

"Rosie used to make them for me." Those words seemed to silence Evan's comments, as Clementia now just stared out at the castle grounds with a scrunched up nose, refusing to pay any attention to Evan.

The silence between them seemed to last an eternity, and was only broken when Evan finally turned his lying figure onto his side to rest on his elbow, beginning to pick at some of the grass himself.

"We have to stop." His voice was quiet, barely above a whisper.

It was the very last thing Clementia had expected Evan to say. She cast a glance over towards him from where she sat, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion at his cryptic words.

"What?"

"Whatever this is between us, we have to stop." Evan repeated, this time sitting himself up on the grass and shuffling closer to Clementia. "That's what I wanted to walk to you about."

He was ending their 'romance' with her; she should have guessed. She was stupid for not have realising sooner, why else would he have spent so little time with her? He couldn't break what they had off, it'd destroy her reputation, and her future. Who would marry her now? Her father was going to go berserk when he found out.

Clementia couldn't find the ways to say in that moment, so tensed her jaw to avoid spilling out her emotions and making a fool of herself. Nodding to herself, she squinted around the grounds once more, before moving herself ready to stand up. At that moment, a hand caught her wrist, followed by a quiet chuckle.

Now he was just being dick.

"Tina I don't mean I want to throw away what we have. This thing we have between us .. this connection, it's too special for me to just throw it away. I think you misinterpreted what I meant." Laughed Evan, causing Clementia to shoot him a glare.

"Don't be a dick Evan-"

"You were probably expecting this to happen at some point, and I'm sorry it didn't happen sooner." Evan sighed to himself, dropping his hand from Clementia's wrist to instead hold her hand, gently running his thumb across her knuckles. "Ever since the summer we shared together I can't stop thinking about you. It's fair to say I've fallen completely and utterly in love you."

Clementia watched on with a softening expression, feeling a blush rise onto her cheeks, and a bashful smile crawl onto her lips. Perhaps everything was finally going her way, and the universe had chosen to side with her happiness. If only Rosie had been there, and she'd have run straight to tell her.

"Tina I really want you to be my girlfriend. I know I'm not richer than you, or more popular, but I promise I'll try my hardest-"

"Those things don't matter to me." Interrupted Clementia with a beaming smile, taking both of his hands into her own. "You could be the least popular, poorest boy in the wizarding world and I'd still love you just as much."

Evan suddenly beamed at her words, looking around the grounds in disbelief. Letting his hands drop from Clementia's, he instead lifted them to gently cup her face, running a thumb over a cheek before pressing a short, sweet kiss against her lips. And, with a smile, Clementia giggled, letting her hands rest on his wrists to reply with several kisses.

Their intimacy was cut short, as expected with the marauders sat so close to them, by Sirius' shout.

"Cut it out! Moony is prefect and he says it's against school rules for people named Tina to kiss Slytherins." Sirius' words came accompanied by snickers from both Peter and James, with Remus shaking his head in embarrassment.

"That's not a rule! Don't look if it bothers you so much." Clementia shot back, not once bothering to meet Sirius' gaze. She was too happy to listen to have anyone, especially Sirius, ruin her happiness.

Had she chosen to meet his gaze, however, she'd have noticed his playful smirk was absent, and instead he had heartbroken look about him, one he didn't bother to hide.

.  .  .