𝟐𝟒. CRIMSON CUTS

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، CRIMSON CUTS
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑺̲orry, I don't want your 𝑡𝑜𝑢𝑐𝘩,
it's not that I don't want 𝑌̶𝑂̶𝑈̶ .. ❞

𝓞WL exams had, rather unsurprisingly, worn out every fifth student even before even commencing. The library was filled to the brim with students attempting to cram as much information as they could into their memory in a last ditched attempt to pass their exams. Clementia had tried her hardest to study for her exams, but it's incredibly difficult to study when surrounded by the marauders, in particular Sirius and James, who were very easily distracted. In fact, it seemed the world was against her in studying at all as there was always someone wanting something from her: Peter wanting help on every single definition of a word, Sirius wanting to mess around, Lily wanting to be tested on everything, and Evan, who wasn't sitting exams and hadn't a care in the world about studying, constant trying to talk to her. It was a surprise Clementia had studied at all.

That afternoon, the fifth years had trudged themselves into the Great Hall for their Defence Against the Dark Arts exam. The sun shone brightly through the stained windows, illuminating the hall in shades of gold and copper, shining brightly over Clementia's exam paper. The only thing getting Clementia through the exam were the daydreams of lying around outside in the sun.

"Five more minutes!" Professor Flitwick's voice echoed through the hall, making several students jump, and another few began to write even quicker.

Clementia knew reading through her answers wasn't really going to make a difference, as she had little time to fix any mistakes now, but it was worth a try. Only it seemed two certain marauders had other ideas, and as Clementia tried her hardest to ignore James' smirk directed towards a slouching Sirius, who was sat directly behind her, any attempt at proof reading withered away.

"Sirius." Clementia whispered warningly as she felt his foot knock against hers, before wrapping around the back legs of her chair.

"I'm not doing anything."

"I know exactly what you're-"

Her words were cut off as Sirius pulled the chair legs back with his feet, pulling her back with a loud squeak and a bang as she hit the back of his desk. The noise didn't go unnoticed, as several students spun their heads around to locate the noise. Clementia knew paying attention to Sirius would just egg him on, but ignoring him wasn't bound to help either.

"Oops." Whispered Sirius from behind her sarcastically, causing Clementia to roll her eyes a little and drag her chair back towards her desk.

The peace didn't last long, as Clementia yelped as she felt something hit the back of her head, instantly spinning in her chair to glare at Sirius.