𝟐𝟖. INFATUATION OR LOVE?

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، INFATUATION OR LOVE?
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑨̲nd I found 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 where it
wasn't 𝑺𝑼𝑷𝑷𝑶𝑺𝑬𝑫 to be .. ❞

𝓕or the first time since Clementia had been able to tryout for the quidditch team, she found herself supporting from the stands instead of trying out for her usual position down on the muddy pitch. It was strange to be sat on the stands, because this time last year her sister had been sat in the exact same place, cheering on her awful attempts to catch the quaffle. Although if you'd have asked Clementia how her year was going this time last yer she'd have said awful, Clementia found herself wishfully hoping she could go back in time and do it all over again.

Not too far from where Clementia sat were Remus and Averruncus, who had sat together to watch the tryouts. James had originally tried to ban Averruncus purely for the fact he were a Hufflepuff and 'the enemy' in terms of quidditch, but Remus had somehow charmed him into letting him watch. At least the pair were having fun anyway - Remus hadn't stopped smiling at Averruncus for one second.

Great, thought Clementia. Not only was she spending less time with the best person she'd ever met, aside from Sirius, as he'd been seperated from her, Averruncus was now spending more time with Remus than he was her.

"Hello." Came a quiet, trembling sounding voice from behind her.

Clementia tilted her head ever so slightly over her shoulder, and the sight of a hunched boy with greasy black hair greeted her. It was Snape. The two hadn't spoken since the events of last school year, when he'd accidentally sliced half of her cheek whilst in a fight with James.

A soft sigh fell from her lips, and Clementia instead turned her attention back towards the quidditch pitch, where she noticed Sirius laughing and playing around with a few younger girls and Marlene. She didn't have anything to say to Snape. She had tried to be a friend to him, but he'd made it perfectly clear that her friendship wasn't welcome. There had been no attempt by Snape to apologise for his actions, or any attempt to talk to Clementia at all. Why was he all of a sudden interested?

"I wanted to apologise-"

"It's a bit too late for that." Clementia shot back with a scoff, wrapping her arms around her body. "I tried to be your friend, Severus, I really did. But you made it pretty clear I wouldn't be when you nearly sliced my face in half."

"I know, and I'm sorry about that." He replied quietly, his head hanging and his hair falling over his face, hiding any expression he bore.

A few moments of uncomfortable silence passed between the two, before Snape made his way down a few benches to stand besides where Clementia sat. Gesturing towards the bench, he cleared his throat to catch her attention.