𝟐𝟏. MUGGLE BOOKS AND PITIFUL LOOKS

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، MUGGLE BOOKS AND PITIFUL LOOKS
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝒀̲ou can't be 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠  you
want to be before your 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 .. ❞

𝓔verything at Hogwarts seemed to have finally returned back to some degree of normality. Sirius and Clementia were once again friends, and for the sake of every other student, it was a normality everyone seemed to have missed. And, although Clementia still spent every day thinking of her sister, she was finally coming to terms with her death, but still looked out for her in the corridors in case it had all been a dream.

Loosing Rosalind seemed to have changed Clementia, and it was a change that didn't go unnoticed. She was no longer as snappy to her friends, and instead of having an arrogant attitude about her, Clementia had become much more humbled. It was just a shame it had taken her sisters death for that to happen. Unfortunately for Sirius, what hadn't changed was Clementia's naivety and love of Evan.

Clementia's ambitions of having a simple life and a family hadn't changed either, in fact they'd only grown stronger. And with her future beyond Hogwarts drawing closer, it was an ambition no one seemed to share, not even professor McGonagall.

McGonagall's office was relatively small, with almost every free surface decorated in trophies. Despite the room being cold, and having a draft that seemed to come from nowhere, to Clementia it still felt cosy and full of warmth. Over the months she'd grown to like the office, especially as she'd been called in almost every week since Rosalind's death to check up on how she was.

But this time it wasn't a check up, it was a careers meeting. It was a meeting Clementia would rather not be at.

"So, Miss Cygnet, I'm sure you are already aware what a careers meeting entails." McGonagall said calmly as she sat straight in her chair behind a desk.

Clementia's own posture mirrored her own, but that was only because it was an etiquette that had been drilled into her since birth.

"We can discuss which NEWTs you plan on taking following your OWL exams. From what I've seen of your grades, I'm sure you'll have no problem with any advanced exam. The NEWTs you choose must be relevant to your career post graduating, so do you have any idea on what you might like to do?"

What was she meant to say to that? Find a husband and start a family? She'd be a laughing stock if she admitted that to another Gryffindor. Where was her sense of adventure? Clementia didn't have one.

Shrugging her shoulders a little, Clementia remained silent as she picked at her fingernails.

A small sigh came from McGonagall at Clementia's silence. "Okay, then which subjects do you like the most? I'm sure we can find some careers out of them."