𝟓. THE BROKEN BROOM

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، THE BROKEN BROOM
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑾̲e're on the borderline,  d⃫a⃫n⃫g⃫e⃫r⃫o⃫u⃫s⃫l⃫y⃫
fine and 𝐮̶𝐧̶𝐟̶𝐨̶𝐫̶𝐠̶𝐢̶𝐯̶𝐢̶𝐧̶𝐠̶ .. ❞

          𝒮tepping foot inside the Gryffindor common room, Clementia was met with the sound of students chatting and laughing. Several first years lay sprawled across the red sofa in front of the fire place giggling at each others jokes, with some older years scowling at the noise from a table in the corner as they tried their hardest to complete their homework. The common room always had a warming atmosphere, the kind that would make most troubles fade away for a few moments. This time, however, Clementia seemed to be immune to its warmth as she stormed straight up the spiral staircase towards her dorm room.

Clementia shared a dorm room with Lily, Dorcas, Mary and, unfortunately for her today, Marlene. Each girl had decorated their beds and surrounding area with pictures and reminders of home. Lily, for example, had little muggle souvenirs scattered across her bedside table, and a pile of textbooks stacked neatly at the end of her bed. On Clementia's side several moving photographs covered her bedside table, one with her mother and several with her siblings - her father nowhere to be seen in any of them. She also had little muggle trinkets Lily and Remus had gifted her, such as postcards, magnets and books, which sat next to a vase of flowers Evan had brought her. (She had yet to tell Sirius of that.)

After stripping from her muddy quidditch robes and pulling on a large jumper in it's place, Clementia snatched Marlene's broom once again and made her way back down to an ever so slightly emptier common room. She knew she'd probably regret her actions in a few hours, but she was too angry to think of the future right now. In that one moment all that mattered was getting revenge on Marlene - it was childish and impulsive, really.

Strolling over to the large fire place, Clementia stared into the flames for a few moments, contemplating her actions, before she reacted without thinking. Clementia snapped Marlene's broom in half over her knee, and tossed the two pieces into the fire. She glanced over her shoulder to see the first years watching her in a mixed state of shock and confusion.

"Go and sit somewhere else." She said bluntly, watching as they hesitantly crawled off the sofa to instead sit on the nearby worn red arm chairs. With a sigh she fell back onto the sofa, grabbing the nearest book to her and opening it to a random page, peering over the top of the pages to watch the broom burn away into ash.

And, just as the broom had turned into a large pile of ash, the marauders and Marlene, accompanied by Lily, made their way into the common room shouting and laughing. If Clementia hadn't been so angry and bitter she probably would have smiled at the noise, but instead it seemed to be grating at her.