𝟒. QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS

QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS═══════  𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

QUIDDITCH TRYOUTS
═══════  𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

– Tina

 Stood in a small circle at the centre of the quidditch pitch on the outskirts of the Hogwarts grounds were the Gryffindor quidditch team. Their bright red uniform stood out brightly against the green and muddy looking grass, worn from its constant battering. The sun glistened away as the last of the September sun warmed the quidditch grounds. James stood squinting down at a roll of parchment paper filled with names and doodles Sirius and Remus had drawn after stealing the list earlier that day. And, after having to send away several first years that had appeared at tryouts, James tossed the parchment carelessly over his shoulder.

"Thank you to everyone that actually decided to show up today." James announced, his broom resting under his arm. "Most of the positions this year will be open, apart from mine. Obviously."

Clementia rolled her eyes at that, squinting out across the quidditch stands to where Remus and Peter sat watching in support. A wide smile appeared on her lips as her eyes caught sight of a blonde girl wearing Slytherin robes - it was Rosalind. Clementia waved over at her sister, who had come to offer some support, and received a small wave back.

"No! Rosie get lost! I don't want you spilling everything about our team to your snakes." James shouted up at Rosalind with a small laugh.

"Not everything in my life revolves around you." Rosie exclaimed back, crossing her arms as she took a seat besides Remus.

"Anyway! We need to beat Slytherin this year, they've won two years in a row now!" James shouted up to Rosie, who merely shrugged in response. "Emma Vanity is still walking around like she owns the pitch, and I'm not loosing to her again." Scoffed James. "So, let's start with keepers. Frank! You're up first."

Clementia lent forwards to rest her chin against the base of her broom, her arms wrapped around the handle as she watched the tryouts begin. Clementia had always found quidditch a fun sort of side thing to her studies, and her place on the team was in part due to her popularity with the old captain. She wasn't the best at the sport, and she knew that, but she didn't care. What she did care about, however, was loosing her spot on the team this year. Not only would it be utterly humiliating, but if her father found out it would just be another thing he could use against her.

"Nervous?" Teased Sirius from besides her, nudging his elbow into her side and causing her to stumble a little on her feet.

"Should I be?" Clementia cocked an eyebrow, shooting Sirius a grin before she returned her gaze to watch Frank, who was effortlessly defending the hoops from James' quaffle.

"Probably." Sirius admitted honestly. "In the nicest possible way, you aren't the best at quidditch, and sucking up to prongs won't-"

Sirius' words, however, were cut off as Clementia punched his arm. Yelping a little, Sirius rubbed the side of his arm as he looked over at her in mock shock.