𝟑𝟖. JUST A KID PT.2

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، JUST A KID PT.2
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑫̲on't they know it's the 𝐞̶𝐧̶𝐝̶ of
the 𝐖 𝐎 𝐑 𝐋 𝐃 ? .. ❞

𝓒lementia sat perched on the edge of her bed, staring into nothingness as her thoughts and situation clouded her mind. Where was she going to go? She had no money, and no way of travelling anywhere. What was she supposed to do at this time of the night? Hope she magically came across a wizard willing to pay two knight bus fares back to Hogwarts? Or rely on a muggle to take her in for the night? The truth was, and Clementia wouldn't dare admit it to anyway, that she didn't trust muggles. It was cruel, and wrong to believe such a thing, but growing up hearing nothing but bad about muggles, the seeds of doubt had long been planted in her mind.

Averruncus pulled her from her thoughts as he knelt before her, placing his hands over hers. Clementia had been too distracted to even begin packing, and so Averruncus had done most of it on her behalf.

"Tina," Whispered Averruncus gently, offering her a reassuring smile. "We'll be okay. We'll be back at Hogwart's in no time, let me worry about getting us there."

"How? How are we going to get there?" Clementia exclaimed with a bitter laugh. "We don't have any money."

"We can ask someone for help-"

"Who? I can't ask a wizard for help, not now. I'm no one anymore." The words stung like a fresh wound. "What do you think we can do? Ask some passing muggles? They'll probably call the police thinking we're crazy, and-and then they'll lock us up and steal our magic-"

"Tina." Averruncus snapped in a louder voice, finally quietening her.

Clementia knew that expression. She'd caught it just before Averruncus had the chance to mask it. He was disappointed, she could tell. She was so blinded by anger, and sadness, and loss that she hadn't even been listening to the words she spoke. And that scared her. In that moment she sounded just like her father. Maybe they weren't so different after all.

With a shaky breath, Clementia sniffled a little, feeling a fresh set of tears begin to roll down her cheeks. She was angry, but at her self more than anyone else. She'd let this happen.

"You think I'm a bad person, don't you? I'm just like him."

"I could never think that about you." Averruncus reassured, giving her hands a quick squeeze. "The sooner you're out of here, the sooner you'll feel better. Trust me. Let me help you. Please."

Clementia nodded at that, her lower lip beginning to quiver. "Rue I'm- .. I'm scared." She finally admitted, her voice beginning to crack as she spoke. "I'm so scared."