𝟕. POTIONS & POTENTIAL

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، POTIONS AND POTENTIAL
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑳̲over, hunter, friend, and 𝑬̶𝑵̶𝑬̶𝑴̶𝒀̶, you
will 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 be every one of these .. ❞

𝒫otions was the one class that always ended in disaster, excluding the one time in transfiguration when Peter had transfigured his hand instead of a pincushion. Professor Slughorn always seemed to make the mistake of pairing Sirius and James together, which usually resulted in each other tipping random ingredients into each others or Snape's cauldron in the hopes of creating an explosion. Today was likely going to be no different, even despite the fact it was OWL exam year.

Despite the argument between the two, Marlene and Clementia had stayed in their usual seats near to each other, with the exception of Lily sitting between them just incase. And, to everyone's annoyance, Severus Snape sat on the table with them. It was strange considering how much he seemed to loath Clementia for her association with the marauders, but then again he was obviously in love with Lily, so maybe it did make sense ..

"Good morning, good morning." Came the booming voice of Slughorn, who was always a little too energetic for first thing in the morning. "Today we will be brewing  a Drought of Peace. Can anyone tell me what its purpose is?"

Snape's head shot up to look at Slughorn, which Clementia guessed meant that he knew the answer. The only problem was that he was a little too shy and quiet to want to tell Slughorn in front of the entire class. Snape was smart, Clementia couldn't deny that, but there was something about him she didn't like, and she wasn't entirely sure what it was.

"Something that makes you feel at peace I'm guessing." Clementia shrugged a little, clue was in the name really.

"Not quite the way I'd put it but I'll give five points to Gryffindor anyway." Slughorn beamed at Clementia, who suddenly felt somewhat happier even despite Sirius' snickering from behind her. "It seems you have inherited your fathers wit and intelligence, Miss Cygnet."

Although it was a compliment, to Clementia it didn't really feel like one. It was just Slughorn sucking up to her in hopes she'd join his stupid club and he could create a contact with her family to advance his own interests.

"Now, I thought we'd change up some of the pairings to brew this potion." This earned the professor a room full of groans, as the idea of working with someone other than their friends wasn't appealing to most. "Mr. Potter, how about we put you with Miss. Evans. Miss. Cygnet you can work with Mr. Snape .." And the list went on.

At least James was happy with his pair anyway, Clementia had never seen him move so quickly and keenly, pulling a stool up as close to Lily as possible.