𝟏𝟓. A WINTER OF DISCONTENT

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، A WINTER OF DISCONTENT
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑾̲ords, how ˡᶤᵗᵗˡᵉ they mean when
you're a little too 𝑳̶𝑨̶𝑻̶𝑬̶ .. ❞

"𝓗appy birthday!" The shouts echoed across the common room, and were accompanied by a loud, and out of time, round of applause.

Clementia stood with a beaming smile on her lips, her eyes flickering across everyones face, lingering on Sirius', before eventually landing on a cake James was holding out for her. On the white icing was a messily written 'Happy 16th' in pink icing, presumably written by Sirius given the poor handwriting. Surrounding the message were sixteen candles, but, as Clementia went to blow out the candles, James lifted the cake out of the way.

"You've got to make a wish first." He laughed with a smirk, before lowering the cake back down into reach for her.

"Okay! Okay! I wish-"

"Don't tell us!" Shouted Lily and Remus, with a few others snickering to themselves.

But what would she wish for? Clementia had everything she wanted. She had a perfect group of friends, a big house, good grades, and she was happy - truly happy for the first time. She had Evan, who was falling desperately in love with, so she couldn't wish for love. Then, she finally settled on something and, closing her eyes, Clementia blew out the candles with one breath, earning her a cheer.

"Tina please can I have a piece of cake? I've been waiting for hours." Peter laughed, but Clementia could tell he was being serious.

With a nod, Peter shot her a wide grin, and followed James over to a table he'd placed the cake down on, and began slicing it up into mostly even parts.

"I was going to smash your face into the cake, but Prongs wouldn't let me." Sirius chuckled from besides her, causing Clementia to snap her head to the side and gaze at him with a grin.

"Why doesn't that surprise me." Giggled Clementia, her fingers picking at the hem of her new jumper. Remus had bought it for her for her birthday, and it was the sort that could be described as borderline ugly. But Clementia had grown a love for 'ugly' jumpers, and had spent hours lecturing everyone on how Remus had better fashion than everyone due to his jumper collection.

Clementia wasn't the only who seemed to love the jumper. She'd noticed Sirius watching her a lot more than usual, and occasionally smiling to himself. Maybe he just wanted one that matched hers.

"Its a nice jumper." Sirius said, taking Clementia by surprise as he gestured towards her body. "It's also a lot nicer than any of Evan's. Maybe now you can return all of his back to him."