𝟑𝟒. A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑮̲oin' down to lonesome to
𝓬𝓻𝔂 my 𝚃̶𝚁̶𝙾̶𝚄̶𝙱̶𝙻̶𝙴̶𝚂̶ away .. ❞

           𝓣he day of the Slytherin v Gryffindor quidditch match soon rolled around. There had been an intense competitive edge about the castle the entire morning, and over breakfast both houses would frequently burst into song, insult each others players, and fire spells. In fact it had gotten so bad everyone had been promptly sent out onto the castle grounds, forced to leave behind half eaten breakfasts.

As Clementia took a seat one of the benches in the stands besides Peter and Lily, she found herself glad she hadn't tried out for the team that year. Partly because it would have been humiliating to drop the quaffle in front of everyone, but also because Evan was on the Slytherin team. Speaking of Evan, he'd tried to catch her as she'd gone to wish the Gryffindors good luck at the changing rooms.

The match started off relatively well. James scored several times, Marlene several more, and Sirius seemed to be doing a good job at protecting the chasers from the blunger. (But what did Clementia know about quidditch anyway?) The team were spurred on by Remus' one sided commentary, which resulted in the microphone being confiscated from him by Professor McGonagall. It was all going so well, too well, and then the tides turned.

It all started when the quidditch captain, Lucinda Talkalot, knocked the Gryffindor seeker off their broom, and injured them so badly they couldn't continue the match. With James now having to take the seekers role, they were running short on chasers - something Slytherin took advantage of. Sirius, now blinded with rage, focused most of his attention on Evan, who he'd noticed had been glancing at Clementia at least every other second. Slytherin were now scoring point after point, and even after James caught the snitch, had still beaten them.

Sirius, who it was fair to say could be a sore loser at times, had charged his broom into Evan's after the whistle, sending the pair plummeting to the ground.

Slytherin had won, unfairly, and to a crowd of booing, but still won.

*

There was no celebration in the Gryffindor common room that afternoon. There was instead a very somber feel, everyone feeling too humiliated by their crushing defeat.

Clementia found Sirius sat in his dorm room propped against the bathroom door. Quietly, she made her way over, and after receiving a small smile from him, took that as an invitation to sit down besides him.

"Where did James go?" She asked quietly, tilting her head to look at Sirius.

A small grin crawled onto his lips, raising an eyebrow as the sound of running water could be heard behind the bathroom door, and a strange wailing sound.