𝟏𝟒. A TIME FOR FORGIVENESS

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، A TIME FOR FORGIVENESS
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑴̲ay your days be 𝑴𝑬𝑹𝑹𝒀 and 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭,
and may all your Christmas' be 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖊 .. ❞

          𝓢irius awoke suddenly early one morning to Clementia shaking his body rather violently. Hesitantly, he opened his eyes with a loud and sleepy groan to see Clementia staring down at him with a huge grin.

"It's Christmas! Get up! Come on." Clementia exclaimed with a beaming smile, throwing the covers off Sirius in a bid to make him wake up.

"What's the point? I haven't gotten any presents-"

"That's not the right attitude. Besides, Father Christmas gets every child a gift." She giggled to herself, beginning to collect some of her items from Remus' bed.

With everyone else home for the Christmas, Sirius, Marlene, and Clementia had chosen to sleep in the boys dorm all together. And, with Remus being the tidiest of the three, Clementia had beaten Marlene to choosing his bed. Marlene was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas because her parents were abroad visiting one of her brothers, and Sirius .. well much like Clementia he hated going home. In fact Sirius was one of the few people who seemed to hate Christmas. So, in attempt to restore some festive cheer into her friend, Clementia had set about making Christmas one of his new favourite days of the year.

"The boys have got you something, I've already seen the pile of presents in the common room. And I've got you something. So please. Get. Up." Clementia groaned, resorting to physically pulling Sirius out of bed by his hands.

And Clementia was right, despite receiving no presents from his parents, it seemed almost everyone in Gryffindor has bought him something. Beneath a tree lay a pile of presents labelled to Sirius and Marlene, amongst the names of a hand full of other students remaining at Hogwarts for the holidays.

Clementia on the other hand rarely received presents, but she wasn't upset or angry about that - it was all she had known. Her sister Rosie was too ill to get her a gift this year, and her brother Zelus often went months without writing to Clementia, and always seemed too busy to celebrate the holiday. She had, however, received one gift from her father as usual, only it was a copy of her brothers old potions textbook - one that she needed last year, not this year. Nevertheless, she treasured it anyway.

What Clementia truly enjoyed was giving gifts to everyone else. And, as she watched Sirius grin in delight at the muggle records she'd bought him, she reached under the tree to pull out an odd shaped gift, holding it out for Marlene.

"I know you said you didn't want anything from me, and I'm not trying to buy your friendship, but I want you to have this." Clementia smiled sadly, carefully placing the gift onto Marlene's lap.