𝟑𝟑. WE BELONG TOGETHER

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، WE BELONG TOGETHER
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝐵̲reaking up is never ᵉᵃˢʸ I know,
but I 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 to go .. ❞

          𝓔ver since refusing Evan's proposal, Clementia had been subjected to gossip (not that it took much at Hogwarts for something to become gossip.) She was painfully aware of the muttering and snickers behind her back during classes, and strange looks in the corridors. The worst of it came from the Slytherins, who had unsurprisingly taken Evan's side, except a few Clementia had been friendly with. Clementia would wake up early each morning just to eat breakfast alone before the other students arrived, and would then hang around in a corner of the library where she was hidden from sight. She knew the gossip would end soon, she just had to ride it out.

As luck had it, within a few days the entire school seemed much more interested in Dumbledore's announcement than Evan's failed proposal. Dumbledore had announced a winters ball over the Christmas break, and everyone seemed to be talking about everything from dates, to dresses, to spiking drinks with fire whiskey. It was a welcome break from the gossip.

Even with the exciting news of a ball, Clementia found herself struggling to be excited. No one would ask her as their date now, not that she wanted a date anyway, it wasn't worth the trouble. Her return home for her seventeenth birthday still loomed over her, and grew close too quick for her liking. What if she was now going to be forced to marry someone else? Or drop out of Hogwarts? She should have said yes to Evan, he was nice, and the best she'd ever have.

"Tina?" A voice pulled her from her thoughts. It was Sirius.

Glancing up from where she sat on the stone floor, she squinted up at Sirius, smiling faintly. The two didn't need to exchange words to understand each other. Sirius sat himself opposite her, playing around with a scrap of parchment that lay on the floor.

"Everyone's outside having a snowball fight if you want to join?"

"I think I'll pass."

Sirius nodded at that, shrugging his shoulders. "Yeah .. I've never liked the snow anyway, so .."

Those word's made Clementia smile, a smile she tried her hardest to suppress. She knew it was a lie - Sirius loved the snow more than as she thought it possible for a person to love snow.

"I'll be fine." She reassured with a small smile. "You go and enjoy the snow."

But Sirius stayed put and silence then passed over the two, but not the comfortable sort. Both had their own things they wanted to say to each other, but didn't dare bring it up. That was until the two finally found the confidence to voice their thoughts at the same time.