𝟗. DANCING

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، DANCING
════════  𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑾̲hat do you recommend to encourage
𝑎𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛? 𝖉𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖓𝖌, even if one's partner
is barely 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 .. ❞

𝒮irius found Clementia in one of the courtyards at the edge of the castle. It was the same one he'd found her in two years ago when Clementia's sister first caught dragon pox, and the same one Clementia had found Sirius in one night after a cruel letter had been sent to him by his mother.

Slowly, Sirius made his way over to the wall Clementia was sat on, the newspapers folded to one side besides her. In the darkness Sirius made sure not to frighten her, and waited until she'd noticed him to sit himself down besides her.

The two sat in silence for a few moments, with Clementia picking at her skirts and fumbling around, and Sirius gazing up at the stars illuminating the courtyard. It was a peaceful night, and a shame that the same peace hadn't been shared in the common room earlier.

"I know Marlene means well." Clementia sniffed, shifting her weight slightly as she continued to stare down at her lap.

Sirius only smiled in response, swinging his feet around as he turned to watch Clementia. It was strange how, up until now, he'd never really appreciated how beautiful she was. The way the starlight illuminated her skin, and how her eyes twinkled a little as she spoke. She was one of the most beautiful people Sirius had ever met, but not once had he ever told her that.

"I'm guessing that's why you came here and not to the Slytherin common room then?" Asked Sirius, earning him a small nod. "Do you want a hug?"

Clementia didn't even bother answering, and instead lent against Sirius and wrapped her arms around his waist tightly, resting her cheek against the side of him. Sirius wrapped his arm around her shoulder and let his cheek rest against the top of her head.

"I just can't help but feel like i'm an awful person." Admitted Clementia with a slightly louder sniffle. "I like Marlene, I really do, but I can't help but always argue with her. What if I am just bad?"

"You're not bad. You're one of the nicest people I've ever met! You're smart, and funny, and kind, and beautiful-" Sirius bit his lip, sighing quietly to himself. "You just have a lot going on. I'm sure Marlene isn't taking it too personally."

"That doesn't make it any better." Clementia whined with a quiet sob, quickly bringing her sleeves up to wipe at her eyes.

Clementia whined again as she felt Sirius' warmth leave her side, and squinted up at him with puffy eyes as Sirius stood in front of her, holding out a hand.