𝟐𝟓. A BITTERSWEET ENDING

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، A BITTERSWEET ENDING
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑩̲ut I am home wherever you
are near, there's n⃫o⃫ l⃫i⃫f⃫e⃫ in anything
when you're not here .. ❞

𝓛uckily for Clementia, the gash caused by Snape's unknown spell didn't prove to be fatal, but instead she'd had to spend the rest of her exam period with a faint slash scar across her left cheek. Madame Pomfrey had promised that it would heal, but she hadn't spoken with much confidence when she'd told her that. Sirius had told Clementia that the scar suited her, and even though still in a mood with him, she had smiled at his comment nevertheless. Evan hadn't even noticed the mark until Clementia asked him about it, but she knew he had actually noticed it, and was just being polite.

The same couldn't be said for Snape, as the events of that afternoon had crumbled their newly formed friendship, but most of that came from what he'd said to Lily. Lily seemed to be taking everything well anyway, and a week after the events had confronted Snape about his words before making the decision to forgive and move on. It wasn't the end of their friendship, surprisingly, but Lily had grown distant to Snape.

Fifth year had officially drawn to a close, leaving Clementia feeling bittersweet. On one hand, the year had been rather an awful one: she'd lost Rosie, and the past few weeks had been more stressed than ever, but on the other hand every year that passed meant she was a year closer to being free from her father. The summer for most people was an exciting time filled with days with friends, but Clementia hated going home. She absolutely hated it. With no Rosie to go back to it would just be her and her father, if she was lucky her brother would visit for a few days.

Sirius knew exactly how she felt, which is why he'd been constantly stealing glances from her when she wasn't looking on the train ride home. The marauders had already been discussing every adventure they'd have over the summer, and although Clementia knew she was invited, her father wouldn't let go.

"Promise me you'll write to me every week?" Clementia asked for the fiftieth time, her question mainly directed towards Sirius.

"I promise." He whispered with a wink, but Clementia noticed his face fall and demeanour change as soon as the Hogwarts Express pulled into King's Cross.

Clementia noticed the way his posture would straighten ever so slightly, and how his eyes would flicker around a little more, or how he'd flinch every time someone made a sudden movement. Clementia knew her own situation was dire, but at least her father spent most of his time pretending she didn't exist - Sirius had to content with a constant stream of abuse from his parents.

Sirius was the last to stand when the train finally came to a halt, taking as much time as he possibly could trying to take his trunk from the rack above the seats. Slowly, Clementia made her way to stand besides him, nudging his arm gently with her elbow.