𝟏. VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES

VAMPIRES AND WEREWOLVES════════  𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴— tina

════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴
tina

Clementia Cygnet was not the Gryffindor everyone had expected, nor the girl everyone wanted her to be.

Each year, in every Hogwarts house, there would be a black sheep, someone that didn't quite fit in. Be it a Ravenclaw that had no interest in learning, or a Hufflepuff that spread rumours about their own friends. Every year was the same, without a doubt.

Clementia came from a noble family, one that oozed sophistication and tradition, with enough money solve every problem known to wizarding kind. Yet, whilst her family walked with their chins held high, adoring the attention that followed them, Clementia hung her head and stuck to the shadows. No one expected her to be the youngest Cygnet child, not after looking at the rest of her family. Is that her? She would hear them whisper when she was introduced. I thought she'd be more memorable, they'd say as soon as she turned her back.

As years passed, she had grown used to the comments and stares, but that didn't make it all any more bearable. It was selfish to think, but sometimes she wished she'd been born a poor nobody.

Still, in spite of all, Clementia had found friendships with the most unlikely people in the most unlikely house. A muggle-born, a standoffish girl with more brothers than she could remember, and a group of marauders including a werewolf and blood traitors.

It was not the type of company her father would have approved of, but she wouldn't have had it any other way.

Fifth year at Hogwarts had officially commenced, and, despite the early hours and beginnings of the morning sun, the Great Hall was almost full with students desperate to catch up on the summer gossip. The orange of the morning sun glimmered through the stained windows, casting a ray of light over some silverware besides Clementia. It was the type of morning she wanted to bottle up and save for a rainy day.

But all too soon the morning peace was broken by a group of four students, laughing and bellowing at the top of the lungs. The marauders.

"Alright Evans?" Came the loud voice of James who strutted up the Great Hall, standing behind a red head. "Been anywhere nice on holiday?"

The red head in question was Lily Evans, the kindest and smartest girl Clementia had ever met. With her freckled covered skin, and glistening smile, she was perfect. But, she was a muggleborn, and in a word that hated difference, it didn't matter how talented she was. Wizards only ever saw her as the one who stole magic.

James purposely ran a hand through his hair to mess it up, squeezing between Marlene and Lily. He was relentless, and Clementia was surprised Lily hadn't killed him yet.