𝟔. THE MARAUDERS MAP

⠀̲⠀ ⠀

⠀̲⠀ ⠀.⠀ ݁⠀
،، THE MARAUDERS MAP
════════ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇

❝ ʻʻ .. 𝑨̲re we like you? I
𝖈𝖆𝖓'𝖙 be sure .. ❞

ℐt was no surprise the next morning when Marlene and Lily ignored Clementia's 'good morning' in their shared dorm room. Clementia hadn't expected Marlene to have forgiven her overnight, nor did she expect Marlene to forgive her at all for what she'd done. What Clementia hadn't been expecting, however, was that both Marlene and Lily would continued to ignore her. Lily had been one of Clementia's closest friends since first year, and there hadn't been a day since when the two hadn't spoken - until today. So, that morning, Clementia made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast alone.

By the time she'd arrived in the hall, everyone else seemed to have been there for hours already. Clementia hesitantly made her way over to the Gryffindor table, and stopped as soon as she'd reached the four marauders. She'd chosen to walk straight past Lily and Marlene for obvious reasons, as she clearly wasn't yet welcome to sit with them.

Clementia didn't say a word as she took a seat besides Sirius, taking just one piece of toast and instead deciding to pick at the corners of it rather than eat it. The four boys exchanged looks with each other, apparently unsure of how to react or what to say.

"What's wrong chicken?" James asked with a sympathetic smile, but was just met with Clementia's blank stare, and a warning stare from Remus.

"That's a stupid question. How is that meant to cheer her up?" Scoffed Remus, causing the other boys to laugh a little. And, to everyone's delight, caused a small smile to appear on Clementia's lips.

"That's better!" Sirius exclaimed, nudging into her side slightly.

"I mean it worked Moony. Looks like I'm smarter than you." James shot back at Remus with a cocky smile, throwing the crust of a piece of toast towards him which Remus batted away, and instead it hit Peter square between the eyes.

As the boys began to laugh and throw food at each other, Sirius turned towards Clementia with a sympathetic look. "Are you okay?"

Clementia merely shrugged, the feeling of guilt still stinging her. "Shouldn't you be asking Marlene that? I'm the one that hurt her." She sighed sadly, still picking at her piece of toast.

"Probably." Admitted Sirius with a shrug and a small smirk. "But I'm asking you because you're my friend."

Sirius patted Clementia's shoulder gently, causing her to smile bashfully up at him. Sirius, despite his image of being a prankster and a player, was an incredibly loyal and caring person - he just didn't admit it because he didn't want to ruin his boy bad image. And the two always stuck together no matter what. They were always on each others side - they were each others side.