❁ Chapter 43 | harry

I can't explain how stressed out I was about this dinner with Nina

The day started off as any other. I dropped off Lenny at school, had breakfast, picked her up and then went home.

Which brings us to where I am now, standing in front of a crying Lenny because I had to break the news to Lenny about how she'd have to spend the night at Casey's tonight.

I wasn't so sure why she was crying though, she was always extremely excited but at the moment she was the complete opposite.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" I ask, kneeling down to her level. I tuck a piece of dark brown hair behind her ear, wiping the tears running down her face. When she doesn't respond, I extend my arms to pick her small body up and feel her face into my neck.

I assume she's probably tired from an entire day of running around at school so I decide to carry her to her bedroom and put her to bed.

She's calmed down by the time I've laid down with her and I sing her to sleep until she's finally shut her eyes. A few knocks at the front door have me standing up and looking back at Lenny once more before I leave the door.

A smiling Casey is revealed behind the door and I give her a small wave before letting her inside. "Where's Lenny?" She asks curiously looking around the house.

"She's asleep right now. I think she's a bit tired with school but she should be back to her energetic self after her nap." I say. "I'll get her stuff ready for you."

I walk back into her room quietly with Casey behind me as she watches me put a couple of items like pajamas and toys into a tan backpack. I shove everything I can inside before walking past Casey into the kitchen to pack a couple of snacks. More than usual because Casey always seems to like them as much as Lenny does.

"So what are your plans for tonight Mr.Romantic? I know you've always got something up your sleeve." She says, leaning into the counter behind her.

"I'm cooking Nina some Chicken piccata." I say zipping up Lenny's bag.

"Woah, chicken piccata. Since when are you a chef?"

"Since Pinterest recommended the recipe to me." I shrug. "Not sure what we're doing after though."

Casey snorts and removes her hands from the countertop, shaking her head. "Alright, you can keep that part to yourself. What about the flowers?"

"Shit!" I shout.

I completely forgot about the bouquet of peonies I ordered yesterday.

"I was supposed to pick those up at 12!" I groan into my hands. "It's nearly 4."

"Chill, it's not like they're gonna grow legs in 4 hours and walk out of the fucking building." Casey rolls her eyes. "I'm sure they'll be there."