❁ Chapter 37 | harry

Last night with Nina had honestly made me think about everything we've gone through in our entire relationship

I stayed up to overthinking for about 2 hours after she'd finally calmed down. Her cries turned into short gasps and soon she was asleep in my arms.

I know she still feels so much guilt even after I'd forgiven her for the months of heartbreak. She recognizes her mistakes and I recognize that we should've communicated better.

Which I think is great for the both of us. It means we're getting somewhere and I'm glad we are because I really want us to work.

On another note, getting ready this morning was absolutely fucking wild.

Nina was all over the place, trying to prepare Lenny's beach toys and sunscreen. We had to turn the car around 3 times because she'd kept forgetting nearly everything we'd packed.

"Harry, I forgot the sunscreen."

"Harry...I forgot the drinks."

By the third time she didn't even want to tell me what she'd forgotten but she was being awfully quiet until I'd asked her what was wrong about halfway to the beach.

"Don't be upset but I uh- forgot the umbrella..."

Which leads us to where we are now.

The beach.

Currently, Lenny was looking for small seashells near the water while Nina stood right behind her, watching over her. Although it's fall, I don't think there's ever a bad time to visit the beach even if it's just for a walk.

It was nice spending family time together. It was something I loved experiencing .

Both of the most important people in my life are in front of me and this gives me a little bit of hope about my future.

I watch as Nina returns to our spot behind Lenny, who is waddling over with a giant bucket of water. "Look at my bucket!" Lenny shouts over to me.

I grin as she gets closer to spill the water into the giant hole she's made into the sand before responding. "Wow! Look at you carrying that giant bucket all on your own."

I glance over at Nina who is smiling to herself at my response as she looks at Lenny, handing over the seashells she's collected.

Lenny takes the seashells into her tiny hand before spreading them all over the now wet sand. "Gonna make a castle...." She announces to us. As soon as she says that, I scoot closer in attempt to give her a hand but she stops me. "But I don't want you to help."

Oh, alright then.

Nina let's out a laugh, sitting down on the tan towel beside me. "Love those glasses on you." She smiles sweetly at me. "They make you look like a hot dad." Her bluntness makes me let out a laugh.